CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
In response to increasing defections from non-state militant groups in Somalia, the Federal Government of Somalia (FGoS) and UN partners embarked on a process to develop the “National Programme on the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants” (National Programme). The National Programme maintains the objective of establishing a comprehensive process that allows for low-risk disengaged combatants and women associated with Al Shabab (WAAS) through transition centres in Kismayo and Baidoa. The transition centres offer support to equip beneficiaries with the skills to socially and economically reintegrate into society. This support includes the provision of basic education, civic education, religious counselling, and life skills, business, financial literacy and vocational training.
Our client, Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) unit is seeking to recruit an experienced Life Skills and Financial Literacy Trainer to support beneficiaries in achieving livelihood goals. The position involves:
Youth Livelihood Project Officer
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may apply on the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…