LOGISTICS OFFICER: KISMAYO
Position: Logistics Officer**
Direct hierarchy: Area Coordinator
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Logistics Officer position in Kismayo.
I. Main Objective
Under the overall guidance and technical supervision of the Logistics Manager and direct supervision under the Area Coordinator, the Logistics Officer ensures that s/he performs transparent and efficient logistics activities for ACTED programmes in Kismayo.
II. Specific Duties and responsibilities
Management of the Badhan level Procurement & field procurement
Ø In accordance to ACTED’s procurement procedures, be responsible for the procurement process of all items or services purchased on the base level up to the level (Scenario) agreed with the Logistics Manager
Ø Receiving orders from the various departments, signing them and updating in the order follow up.
Ø Responsible for signing all procurement memo for Base level procurement;
Ø Contact requesters to ensure correct specifications of each items ordered, in order to avoid non-matching procurement;
Ø Ensure procurement of goods and services is always done following the value for money principle;
Ø Accountable for Compliance with respects to all capital procurement;
Ø Establish the monthly purchase forecast, gathering all purchase that will be done on capital level, and send it to the Logistics Manager.
Ø Accountable for the reception of all items delivered or in transit to the base office;
Ø Accountable for quantity and quality check of all goods received on the base level;
Ø Ensure the information flow between the different Stakeholders in the supply chain;
Ø Responsible for transmission to finance all procurement files for payment
Ø Responsible for filling the logistics and compliance procurement file;
Stock management and procurement follow-up tools update
Ø Develop and update the price data base;
Ø Supervise the IN and OUT processes
Ø Responsible for compliance with the stock management procedures;
Ø Accountable for office/guesthouse bills payment i.e. electricity, water bills and internet for guest house/office
Ø Accountable for setting up and receiving requests for house/office maintenance and assure the effective treatment;
Ø Responsible for lease agreement preparation and amendments;
Ø Send every Friday the updated Order follow-up to the Heads of Departments and the Program Managers;
Ø Compile and analyse the Logistics reports and send them to the Logistics Manager on 5th of each month.
Ø Writing of the Log Team meeting minutes
Logistics Document Filling
Ø Reception of purchase files and control of the conformity to ACTED procurement procedures. Report any missing to the Logistics Manager
Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
- Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
- At least 4 years relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
- Experience in safety and security management an advantage
- Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical management of an organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Being fluent in Somali language and English is a must