Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Logistics & Transport Coordinator, the Logistics Officer will be responsible for procurement of Programme goods and services, maintaining proper documentation and filing system, managing Concern fleet, dealing with clearing and forwarding agents, contract preparation, asset and inventory management. The Logistics Officer will also be responsible for ensuring that goods and services required are purchased in the most timely and cost-effective manner, with due regard to quality while maintaining accountability and transparency all times. The incumbent will ensure maintaining effective systems that are in line with Concern and donor procedures.
Reports to: Logistics & Transport Coordinator
Liaises with: All Programme staff
Job Location: Mogadishu- Somalia
Contract Details: One year contract with possible extension
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Concern’s procurement policy and procedures based on best value for money in price, quality, quantity, delivery time, etc. Actively engage in purchase of goods/ service for Concern Programmes, Concern offices, Concern vehicles as requested
- Receiving, checking and timely delivery of supplies and equipment to Programme locations or sites. Ensure suppliers are paid in a timely manner
- Ensuring proper utilization of all logistical documents; GDN, GRN, SR, Stock cards, etc in the Somalia Programme and offices.
- Completes the Supplies Request (SR) tracking sheet and ensures that all relevant parties are aware of the status of purchase requests made on weekly basis.
- Ensure that the preferred suppliers’ list and price index are updated on quarterly basis.
- Maintaining proper documentation and filing systems for Concern Logistics department while ensure that all paperwork is complete in line Concern procedures.
- Ensure proper storage of supplies and equipment in line with Concern’s procedures and standard.
- Effectively manage the Mogadishu stores functions ensuring effective receipt, storage, packaging, dispatch and delivery of supplies, and effective documentation of all stages of the same.
- On a monthly basis, disseminate all spread sheets showing up to date status of stock movements for all Concern Somalia Programme stores.
- Responsible for organizing and managing suitable labourers to efficiently move stocks in consultation with line manager or relevant person in the Programme
- Coordinate stores housekeeping, pest control and arrangement
- In collaboration with Programme managers, establish weekly transport schedule for different projects with the help of logistics team.
- Based on established weekly schedule and with the support of the Assistant Logistician, organise and manage the programme transport while ensuring safety and efficiency at all times.
- Manage and supervise efficient utilisation of transport fuel. This include fuel for office generators.
- Ensure Concern rented vehicles are used solely for the purpose hired – serving Concern supported projects and other Concern affairs.
- Monitor transport movement and ensure vehicles are maintained properly and in good working condition.
- Effective and timely handling of grievances between drivers and Concern staff.
- On quarterly basis, maintain accurate and up to date fixed asset and inventory register for all Concern property.
- Tag assets purchased upon receipt from suppliers
- Record any movement of assets within or outside of Concern premises
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Do any other duties as assigned by the line manager
- University Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or any other related field
- t least three (3) years’ work experience with an international NGO in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working under pressure and with a multicultural team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Commitment and sympathetic to Concern’s goal, values and principles
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, excel and database management packages
- Certificate from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, UK or similar institution will be an added value