Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client has been requested by the EU to provide support by filling in the identified gaps with flexible tools & mechanisms by establishing a Partnership Coordination Facility for Somalia. Coordinated efforts are essential in order to transform Somalia into a more resilient economy with greater security, gender equity, improved human development, stronger infrastructure & better access to basic services that are delivered by accountable govt. institutions.
- One of the objectives of the project is to contribute to strengthening the resilience of Somali communities to cope with, adapt & recover from recurrent shocks. In addition, to improve resilience & livelihoods to enhance youth employment for rural communities & urban households in Somalia. In a context of predictable & protracted natural disasters & humanitarian crises, such positive transformation, which strengthens the ability of current & future generations to meet their needs & withstand crises, requires bridging the gap between emergency & rehabilitation.
- Develop content for social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & to share stories about COVID-19, educational efforts that build & spread engagement with families & expert other community members.
- Community management & monitoring of COVID-19 social channels.
- Providing analysis of engagement & other social media metrics.
- Work with team members on best practices for social channels.
- Participate in live stream video broadcast, help develop YouTube educational channels.
- Publishing & moderating social content including videos, photo albums, etc.
- Assisting in the creation of social content,
- Replying to comments, messages, etc. on various social media channels.
- Read newspapers, watch television, or listen radio & the Internet for news related to COVID-19 both nationally & internationally.
- Track the success of the awareness campaign to find information on how the beneficiaries have received it & specific issues relevant to the campaign, to benchmark performance, to manage, to better understand the strengths & weaknesses of campaign communications & other purposes.
- Monitor social media on the internet, tracking word of mouth mentions about COVID-19 programs in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs, message boards & forums.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
Education, technical skills & experience:
- Degree in Media, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field in humanities from a recognised institution & 5 years of experience in managing communications. Having a Post Graduate Degree with similar experience will be preferred.
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships internally & externally, excellent communication skills, both verbal & written, as well as negotiation skills.
- High skills in research, editing & report writing.
- Website & social media management experience & excellent journalistic & photographic skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision & direction.
- Capable of working with others in a participatory & capacity building manner.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidate are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: