Position: Medical Doctor
Duty station: Mogadishu
Nature of the contract: Full time
Open for Somali nationals only
About Qatar Charity
Qatar Charity (QC) is a leading Gulf-origin non-governmental organization dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender, or political beliefs.
Qatar Charity enables people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives while also empowering them to become self-sufficient through practical knowledge, focused expertise, and innovative solutions.
QC has been maintaining an active presence in Somalia since 2007 through its field office in Mogadishu. It has a portfolio of programs focusing on both humanitarian and development sectors.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Qatar Charity Somalia is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Medical Doctor, who can lead a team of health workers in the field, under the direction of the PO. The Medical Doctor will work in the emergency program and supervise health and nutrition staff working in Mobile Clinic Center at Mogadishu
- The MD will be responsible for the treatment of emergency cases and the immediate consultations for referral cases.
- Manage obstetric emergencies for inpatient and outpatient
- Coordinates efficiently all the activities of the emergency department with the QC hospital team and the local health partner
- Organize and manage the hospital emergency department while ensuring the medical team training.
- Provides emergency treatment and coordinates the patient’s follow-up with the required specialties.
- Identify additional needs to ensure complemented clinical training
- Highly experienced working in mobile clinic centers preferably in emergency projects.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery or emergency doctor specialist.
- Minimum of 3-Year experience working in a hospital preferably in a busy environment.
- Excellent mentoring and accompaniment skills
- Leadership and good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, mentor, and negotiate for the best results
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong writing and communication skills in either Arabic or English.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Passion for health and nutrition.
- Ability to work to a high standard and in a complex environment and to motivate staff to achieve.
- Able to generate professional reports and maintain well establish database. Also, be able to participate in and lead health and nutrition program development.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours to ensure that the required results are delivered.
- High level of reliability, objectivity, and honesty
- Qualified Qatar charity Sponsored graduates are highly encouraged.
- Qualified Women are highly encouraged.
How to apply
For interested candidates please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org