Overview of position
Our client is seeking an experienced, Medical Doctors – epidemic response with a good bedside manner to join our client’s growing healthcare team. In this position, you will be diagnosing, educating, and treating patients, providing them with the best care available. As part of the medical team, you will administer medications, educate patients on their health, and provide treatment plans for patients with infectious health issues.
- Provide physical, mental, and emotional care for patients
- Develop, coordination and implementation of our client’s epidemic preparedness and response activities in Somalia
- Strengthen epidemic preparedness and response capacity of staff at national, provincial and field locations.
- Perform diagnostic tests and blood work to obtain information about patients’ medical conditions
- Support and actively engage in all platforms for epidemic preparedness and response, including the preparedness working group
- Recommend specialists to patients who need additional medical attention
- Coordinate closely with internal and external partners including the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the COVID-19 response team, and others to promote and ensure harmonization of preparedness activities.
- Counsel and educate patients on hygiene, diet, and disease prevention
- Develop/adapt health facility, point of entry, and referral system assessments tools and lead assessments in priority provinces and health zones.
- Document patient medical history; record notes to update medical conditions
- Participate in research and further educational opportunities
- Coordinate and provide trainings for our client national health staff on emergency preparedness and response
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Epidemiology or Public Health, or a related field
· Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from an accredited school
· 3-4 years of residency program completion
· Board certification and licensed to work in the country
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Encouraging to medical team and patients; able to mentor and lead