CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all and it does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The European Union and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) have developed the Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Africa. This initiative aims to contribute to the strengthening of migration governance and the sustainable reintegration of returning migrants in Somalia. In the Horn of Africa, the Joint Initiative (JI-HoA) commenced in March 2017 with an overall objective to contribute to facilitating orderly, safe, regular and rights-based migration through the facilitation of dignified voluntary return and the implementation of development-focused and sustainable reintegration policies and processes
Under the direct supervision of the National Program Officer (MPA), the overall supervision of the MPA Program Officer as well as the technical oversight of the MHPPS Officer, the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of the “EUTF-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration’’ with a special focus on providing sustainable reintegration assistance to returning migrants.
· Assist the day-to-day management and functioning of the AVRR programme and activities, within the component of MHPSS.
· Assist the MHPSS Officer in the overall management and implementation of the MHPSS component in Somaliland, including planning, coordination, and implementation of the component activities.
· Support counselling to the returnees to facilitate smooth psychosocial reintegration within family and community as well as identification and timely referral to adequate services for continuum of care.
· Conduct field visits to the beneficiaries’ sites and monitor developments.
· Ensure the documentation and filing of all MHPSS beneficiaries for reference and monitoring including regular update of beneficiaries’ information.
· Ensure that information on returnees is codified and safeguarded in order to guarantee the confidentiality of their data.
· Liaise with relevant governmental, non-governmental (NGOs), international organizations as well as other relevant stakeholders including Ministry of Health and academic institutions.
· Coordinate and exchange information with national institutional, professional and academic counterparts.
· Provide technical oversight and support, when needed, on the activities of the Staff Counsellor and Health Team at the Migrant Response Centre (MRC) in Hargeisa.
· Monitor MHPSS component activities including those implemented by partners and MRC staff by reviewing a variety of records, including control of plans, progress reports, project inputs, identify issues and propose adjustments as necessary.
· Provide general support to the assessment of the qualitative and quantitative impact of psychosocial support activities at individual, family and community level.
· Provide guidance, coaching, training and follow ups in the field of MHPSS to other staff and any relevant person involved in returnee’s assistance.
· Collect and analyze information and prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports on MHPSS activities.
· Participate in the development of new projects based on identified needs during project component implementation.
· Undertake duty travel within Somalia to very challenging areas when necessary.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned
· National Program Officer
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Four years of professional experience in required field;
• Experience in the field of migration issues including operational and field experience.
• Knowledge on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Program. Knowledge and experience on counselling skills.
• Knowledge of social development issues as well as general migration related issues in the country and the region.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations, civil society organizations/NGOs, and private sector entities.
• Work experience in an international context is an advantage.
• Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
· This role does not have team management responsibility.
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: