Overview of position
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an implementing partner for the Federal Government of Somalia’s (FGoS) National Programme for the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants. The National Programme maintains the objective of establishing a comprehensive process that allows for low-risk disengaged combatants and women associated with Al Shabab to sociall and economically reintegrate into society through transition centres in Kismayo and Kismayo. This support includes the provision of basic education, civic education, religious counselling, and life skills, business, financial literacy and vocational training.
The IOM Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) unit is seeking to recruit an experienced Mobile Repair Instructor to provide full-time instruction to male beneficiaries in Kismayo. This position is jointly managed by the Jubaland government and IOM, with dual reporting requirements.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from the administrative manager (Administrative Assistant) with support from technical staff (Livelihood Team Leader, Livelihood Project Officer, Education Coordinator) and other staff. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by IOM and the government partner. IOM will undertake contracting obligations and remuneration in close collaboration with Jubaland Ministry of Internal Security.
This is a full-time position as per Somali Labour Laws based in Kismayo. As a mobile repair technician trainer, you will be responsible for teaching beneficiaries how to repair mobile phones which have malfunctioned and restore them to good operating condition. This will include hardware repairs (e.g. replacing LCD screens, phone jacks) and software troubleshooting.
Mobile Repair Teaching
- Design and deliver a basic mobile repair curriculum based on student needs and learning level. To include:
- Hardware repair and soldering for:
- Galaxy (models S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6,S7, S8+, S9+, S10+ and A10, A10s, A20, A30, A40, A50, A60
- Tecno smartphones
- Mobile phones (LG, Nokia, Teco brands)
- Basic troubleshooting and functionality tests of Apple iOS and Android software
- Ability to read blueprints and phone manuals
- Component level replacements (headphone jack, ear speaker, home button)
- Create, update and maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, and practice exercises for efficient and effective delivery of the skills.
- Develop hands on activities to help students learn mobile repair through both one-on-one and group engagement, adapting resources to ensure all students are able to make progress.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment and provide additional assistance to students with particular learning needs and abilities; instruct in a manner that develops students’ confidence and their abilities; integrate a variety of teaching strategies and curriculum content
- Provide access to information resources through efficient and well guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources and provide assistance to students in the effective use of these systems.
- Maintain standardized student assessments and record keeping system for student progress and attendance; assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of students.
- Work with social workers to ensure that student case files are maintained properly, and student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals.
- Establish rapport/trust with students.
- Give explanations, reasonable and appropriate assignments, and directions clearly;
- Organize the classroom to contribute to the learning process.
- Perform other duties related to the DDR program as assigned by supervisor.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism.
• Client Orientation – maintains high customer service standards at all times.
• Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Professionalism – displays mastery of the profession and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment.
To be advised
To be advised
How to apply
Interested candidates please apply through below link: