Overview of CTG
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the posiiton:
- IOM is 1 of the major humanitarian & development actors in Somalia. IOM Shelter / NFI program currently implements projects focused at in kind distributions as well as Cash Based Interventions (CBI). The program also maintains the common supply pipeline for cluster partners.
- In this context, IOM is recruiting ME & R Assistant based in Mogadishu to assist the M & E Officer for Shelter & NFI interventions in Somalia. Under the overall supervision of Shelter & NFI Program Manager, the M&E Assistant will directly report to the M&E Officer.
- The incumbent will be work closely with other Shelter / NFI team members and the operational team.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop, plan & conduct assessments, verification & quality assurance of S / NFI interventions.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) & draft activity reports.
- Develop & update database for S / NFI activities including assessment verification & PDM.
- Assist & update indicator tables for each project.
- Support M & E Officer in overseeing data management activities of the program.
- Assist & develop data collection tools for project monitoring & ensure that beneficiaries are tracked according to age, gender & diversity.
- Provide support in compiling projects data, monitor data quality & track progress against performance indicators & targets.
- Provide support in review of verification & crosscheck, of monthly & quarterly reports.
- Understand & develop skill on android & other web based application for data collection & analysis.
- Identify strengths & weaknesses in existing data collection & management systems & propose solutions.
- Carry out field monitoring visits as per requirement & provide support to field teams in data management & analysis.
- Support M & E Officer in baseline & end of project evaluation.
- Prepare high quality power point presentation.
- Draft high quality case studies & success stories.
- Perform other relevant duties as required by the M & E Officer.
- Represent M&E in cluster as well as other performance & quality working group.
- Support the coordination of mobile responses led by IOM.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders in the field, including relevant govt. counterparts & partners on Shelter & NFI intervention monitoring.
- Liaise with other units as appropriate to ensure the key support for M & E activities.
- Adhere to policies, core humanitarian standards & guidelines set up by IOM.
- This role will work under the overall supervision of Shelter & NFI Program Manager, the M&E Assistant will directly report to the M&E Officer.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 4 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Candidate must have Bachelors Degree or Higher Diploma, preferable in Development Studies, Social Science, Economics or a related field.
- Preferable 4 years of relevant professional experience in monitoring emergencies program preferably Shelter / NFI in Somalia.
- Ability to design M & E tools, surveys, surveillance systems & evaluations.
- Preferable prior experience working with a UN agency, in insecure environments.
- Knowledge of Somalia & working with internally displaced people.
- Excellent operational, organisational & communication skills & the ability to work harmoniously with other colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Proven experience in data management, drafting reports & other information products.
- Strong computer skills, specifically hands on experience in usage of MS Office.
- Must be fluent in both English & Somali.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values & competencies:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – Behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
- Delivering results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Other relevant information:
- Internals of the organisation & NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as 1st tier candidates.
- This vacancy is also open to 2nd tier candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements & security clearances.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
- This role has been advertised on 16.2.2020 & candidates interested in applying for this role need to apply for this role on or before COB of 26.2.2020.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate, build their candidate profile & then apply for this role using the below link: