IMS-Fojo is looking for an enthusiastic and well-qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for our media programme in Somalia.
The IMS-Fojo media development rogramme
International Media Support (IMS) and Fojo Media Institute (Fojo) are jointly implementing a four-year media development programme in Somalia supporting long-term, systematic transformation and professionalisation of the Somali media landscape in strategic alignment with the values and practices of freedom of expression and media independence as key pillars of democratic state building processes based on rule of law and human rights.
The media programme is implemented in close cooperation with Somali partners and in coordination with relevant local and international stakeholders operating in Somalia.
The overall objective of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer position is to enable IMS-Fojo’s programme in Somalia to better document, demonstrate and learn from the results and impact of the work of IMS-Fojo and its partners in Somalia, as well as build the capacity of implementing partners to effectively monitor and evaluate their activities.
Reporting to the Somalia Programme Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with the in-country programme team, the management team, the IMS-Fojo communication units, implementing partners and relevant stakeholders to collect, analyse and document data related to the programme’s results frameworks in a way that enhances the programme’s performance through evidence-based learning and reporting.
- Further develop and co-ordinate the implementation of an effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system for the programme and the projects it supports;
- Support implementing partners to more effectively develop and apply their own monitoring and evaluation systems, and to document the impact of their activities;
- In close collaboration with programme staff, ensure programme and partner monitoring efforts feed into progress reports in a way that enables the programme and its partners to make timely, evidence-based adjustments to our interventions;
- Co-ordinate and contribute to the design and implementation of baseline studies, impact evaluations and other types of learning reviews;
- Provide input to concept notes and proposals, context and partner assessments, risk analyses and other programme documentation;
- Participate in and contribute to IMS and Fojo’s institutional M&E, internal learning and external communication efforts.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- University degree in international development, international relations, communications, media policy/journalism or related subject;
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) plans in development projects implemented by NGOs. This should include demonstrable experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection and analysis;
- Ability to apply gender concepts within MEAL;Experience of donor reporting and proposal writing;
- Understanding of the current M&E trends;
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English, and the ability to write and communicate clearly;
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
Everyone with the required qualifications and skills is encouraged to apply, regardless of sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Experience of programme or project management;
- Knowledge and experience of working in the field of media development and freedom of expression or a related area;
- Experience of applied research;
Duration and location
The period of the position is limited to 12 months with a probation period of 3 months, and with the possibility of extension. Duty station: Somalia Starting date: 1st of January 2020
Please submit an Application letter and CV with relevant qualifications with three (3) referees one being a current supervisor no later than 8th November 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
Application link: https://www.mediasupport.org/about/vacancies/
You can read more about IMS and Fojo here:
IMS-Fojo is an equal Opportunities Employer. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply