National Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Post category: Assistant level
Group classification: 2
The Human Resources and Administrative Assistant will report to the Human Resources and Administrative Officer in coordination with the Chief of Human Resources Unit.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Assists the teams in their daily work;
· Keeps record of all in and out correspondence;
· Drafts correspondence and ensure follow-up;
· Takes minutes at meetings and conferences, as well as prepares draft reports, documents, speaking points, etc;
· Liaises and cooperates on financial issues with the relevant departments;
· Ensures the reporting for matters related to both departments;
· Participates in the sound and effective financial management of the Mission by her/his assistance for all personnel costs and duty trips expenditures;
· Performs and carries out other tasks and duties required or requested by her/his line manager.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
· Successful completion of secondary school attested by a diploma;
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, in the same field of work;
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Has a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with staff-related matters and/or financial issues;
· Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances, as well as ability to communicate with personnel at all operational and strategic levels;
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Exemplary writing and editing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet;
· Excellent communication and analytical skills in both written and spoken English and Somali language.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· A professional qualification in Human Resources, Administration or equivalent academic or professional training would be an asset;
· Previous work experience with an international organisation would be an asset;
· Excellent administration and organisational skills;
· Works methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
· Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
· Has a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with strategic sensitivities, staff-related matters and financial issues;
· Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team;
· Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
· Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form;
· Good experience of using data for preparing reports.
· Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.
Application form and instructions available at: https://www.eucap-som.eu/eucap-jobs/