National Logistics Assistant (3 positions)
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Post category: Assistant level
Group classification: 2
The Logistics Assistant will report to the Logistics Officer/Assistant in coordination with the Chief of General Support Services Unit.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide logistical assistance to all Mission Members in regards to required assets to fulfil their tasks, such as office equipment and furniture, telecommunications, stationary, etc.
· To assist in the distribution and reallocation of all logistical resources.
· To keep the inventory of assets updated and participate in the warehouse management.
· To assist in maintaining a comprehensive database of expendable and non-expandable items.
· To receive shipments and ensure the quality and quantity of received goods (R&I – receiving and inspection).
· To interact with the third party logistics service providers.
· To create packing lists and update shipment information in database.
· To properly number and tag items (barcoding and RFID processes.
· To contribute in disposal of unserviceable or damaged items.
· To execute vehicle fleet administrative tasks as requested.
· To compile reports for the Unit
· Must be ready to work both indoors and outdoors under extreme conditions. Capacity to load and move heavy equipment as required with adequate tools.
· To undertake any other related task as requested by the Line Manager(s).
Essential Qualification and Experience:
· Successful completion of secondary school attested by a diploma or the equivalent technical education, in either one of the relevant areas of function.
· To have a minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, in the field of logistics, supply chain or any other related fields, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· To be a native Somalia speaker.
· To have a good proficient in oral and written English (C1 according to Common European Framework of References for Languages).
· To have a good knowledge of inventory and warehouse management.
· To have a solid computer literacy (web, Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and Outlook).
· To have a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion.
· To have strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities.
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
· To be available to participate to field trips across the Mission area (Somalia, Somaliland, Kenya).
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
· To have working experience in a multi-national and international environment or organisations.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Driving License C category (C = vehicle above 3.5 tons).
· Good knowledge of goods and local market in area of competence.
· Good knowledge of procedures of the Somali and international Customs clearance of import and export of goods.
· Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.
· Working schedule is day shift with flexibility to respond to urgent needs. May be required to work on shift during Friday and/or Saturday as required due to maintenance requirements.
Application form and instructions available at: https://www.eucap-som.eu/eucap-jobs/