Eligibility criteriaMinimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of taskUnder the supervision of the principle security adviser(PSA) or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will perform the following tasks:
Work on shifts in conjunction with other counterparts assigned to the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Alert the supervisory chain immediately of any serious accident or incident.
- Maintain an accurate and updated log in the daily occurrences book of all reports received by the SOC.
- Report immediately all communications that are urgent in nature to the C-SOC, C-SIOC, DPSA-OPS and PSA in accordance with the magnanimity of the incident.
- Receive, process, record and disseminate all security related information to the appropriate locations through approved security channels.
- Monitor the SOC email in order to take timely action on all incidents and or requests;
- Process the Travel Request Information Process (TRIP) requests for travelers to Somalia;
- Direct physical security inspections of UN buildings and facilities.
- Serve as the first Security Point of Contact (POC) to all UN staff requiring security assistance.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of alerts, incident reports and flash reports;
- Task, as required, FSCOs, appropriate response teams, the on-call SIU Investigator, Local Security Assistants, UNGU, etc.
- Direct and coordinate all responses carried out by the response teams, the on-call SIU Investigator, Local Security Assistants, UNGU, Premises Security and any other agencies that may be required during crisis situations.
- Direct and coordinate all responses to incidents reported from a UN compound.
- Maintain an Occurrence Log focused on actions taken during incidents that are reported to the Operations Duty Officers.
- Maintain 24/7 radio and telephone communications with all UN Security Base Stations, Regional UNDSS Offices, Security Officers, as applicable.
- Work closely with the FSCOs in the field and international and national interlocutors in the verification and exchange of information.
- Maintain all relevant maps, and contact lists for key personnel, security staff, Area Security Coordinators (ASCs), Senior Management and emergency services providers.
- Prepare a draft security situation reports based on reports received at the SOC and providing them to the C-JOC before 0700 hours daily.
- Draft and compile the Weekly SITREP in consultation with SIOC-I.
- Ensure authorization for staff travel.
- Responsible for supervising of the drafting of the daily incident reporting
- Manage the GIS situational map plotting;
- Keep the SIU informed in the event of any emergency. Conduct handover and brief all reports and occurrences to the relieving Operations Duty Officer and the SIOC-I
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the C-SOC, C-SIOC, DPSA Operations, CSO/DPSA and/or PSA.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Secondary education Education – Additional Comments:A minimum of six years with high school diploma
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in the Security operations, security risk assessment, standard operating procedures, physical security, coordination with local authorities and law enforcement agencies, emergency communication system, crisis management, security staffing in post-conflict and multicultural environment are desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Police, protective and security services, Other security and protective services experience Area of expertise details:Security operations, security risk assessment, standard operating procedures, physical security, coordination with local authorities and law enforcement agencies, emergency communication system, crisis management
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Application procedure:* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 17-03-2020