Title: Organizational change / capacity development specialist
Location: Garowe, Puntland with frequent travel to Galmudug and Banadir Region
Reports to the Chief of Party /Team Leader.
Employment duration: 12 months
Expected start date: 01, October 2020
Funding: THIS POSITION IS PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
Who we are?
With 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI and its local affiliates manage community health programs across Africa, Asia, and Latin America. PSI also supports national Ministries of Health to scale up community health worker programs.
PSI seeks an experienced, dynamic and innovation-driven “Organizational change / capacity development specialist” to work with the two FMS (Puntland, Galmudug) and the FGS-MOH (Banadir region) in their role of delivering the FHW program in their respective geographies. This is a one-year program that aims to strengthen the delivery of high impact community-based primary health care services and build capacity of implementing governments. This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Based on the capacity assessments and capacity building plans, the Organizational Change /Capacity Development Specialist (CDS) is expected to build the technical, contract management, and operational capacity of FGS- and FMS-MOH in respective functional areas.
- lead the systems Strengthening component of the Female Health Worker program and develop it in a manner that will ensure strong community level service delivery, with government oversight, and is sustainable in the long-term.
- Institutionalize and support the supervisory system and high-quality supervision between the FHWs and FHS.
- Develop district or regional capacity for the management of FHWs, including support for planning, supervision, and coordination of community-level partners.
- Develop capacity of FGS-MOH and FMS-MOH to improve performance of FHWs including on the job training (OJT) and mentorship.
- Assist in the Capacity development of intergovernmental health sector coordination function between FGS-MOH and FMS-MOH,
- Ensure that the health technical aspects and learning techniques used in the training are appropriate
- Prepare for a training plan in collaboration with and approval of implementing governments’ MOH.
- Strengthen the Community Based Health Information System (CBHIS) to ensure collection, entry, cleaning, submission, and use of data monthly
- Strengthen linkages with communities / community oversight of FHWs in line with compendium
- Develop systems for commodities distribution, management, and tracking, including use of LMIS.
- Ensure that FHW comply to government environmental and social standards especially with regards to management of medical waste.
Minimum qualification and professional experiences required :
- Advanced degree in Public Management, Organizational Behavior, Education, Public Health, or similar
- At least 10 years demonstrated experience developing capacity in the public sector in fragile settings
- At least 5 years of experience working in the health sector, preferably with Ministries of Health
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on capacity development methodologies and adult learning approaches
- Demonstrated experience with organizational change and change management
- At least 5 years of staff management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing capacity development plans with a focus on ensuring engagement of Ministry staff in capacity development process
- Demonstrated experience incorporating learning and feedback loops into capacity development
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal as well as written
- Excellent teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Willingness to travel regularly across Somalia
- Experience in working with Governments especially Federal Member States of Somalia is an added advantage
How to apply
Contact Us if you have what it takes?
If you think you are great fit, please submit your application and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line indicating “Organization Change -Capacity Development Specialist”.
The closing date for applications is September 15, 2020. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications.** Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.