Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our life saving, peace building, humanitarian & development operations, their mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system & its partners to implement peace building, humanitarian & development operations that matter for people in need. Their mandate is to act as a project delivery platform for UN system agencies, funds & programs, international & regional financial institutions, IGO’s donor & recipient govt’s & non profit NGO’s. As a self financing entity within the UN system, our client ensures that the projects it delivers meets client expectations in terms of cost, quality & time, while at the same time ensuring that these projects collectively meet a broader array of success criteria. Our client employs more than 6000 personnel & on behalf of their partners creates thousands more work opportunities in local communities. With its HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark a network of 5 regional offices & a further 20 operations & project centres, our client oversees activities in more than 80 countries. Our client is committed to achieving a truly diverse work force.
- The Kenya Operational Hub manages more than 60 projects in around 10 countries iof Easter & Southern Africa. Our client in Kenya helps partners achieve their project goals in sectors including governance, education, health, environment grant management & rural development.
- The purpose of the project is to support Somali security institutions, govt stakeholders & the international community working under the general oversight of the Human Resources System (HRS) Steering Group to build & systematically & efficiently manage an accountable & transparent HRS that supports the security institutions stipends payments & benefits of the security fores & veterans.
Observations of the payment teams to ensure all processes & actions are undertaken in accordance with established SOP’s for payments of SNA troops, including bio metric verification of intended payees. The PTO will report to the Program & Project Managers through the SPTO’s on any irregularities n the payment processes that affect the transparency & accountability of cash payments. The PTO will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of payment teams & also be responsible for preparing pay cycle reports to the PTO Managers.
- Function as a team member in conducting independent & objective control over payments operations in the filed, including identification of issues & opportunities to improve the efficiency, effectiveness & reliability of processes & ensure appropriate use of resources.
- Maintain contact with field teams to ensure the payment teams timely , efficient & sound performance of their respective responsibilities.
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with payment teams.
- Develop tools for monitoring of payments in line with project objectives.
- Assist the HRS project team with monitoring progress & completion of payments.
- Measure progress according to payment timelines, identifying problems, proposing solutions in collaboration with the PM.
- Troubleshoot & solve problems at the field level to ensure payments are made in accordance with established SOP’s for payments to SNA troops.
- Ensure that payment operations are properly documented & quality assure such documentations.
- Monitor & report on the status & implementation of payments & appraise the adequacy of the processes applied by the payments team.
- Prove advise on payment related matters.
- Provide guidance to payment teams on technical & administrative matters.
- Participate in other coordination meetings & other working groups.
- Other duties as required.
Monitoring & progress controls:
- The PTO Managers will work with the HRS project team & will provide regular updates on progress with reference to payments as well as weekly & monthly progress reports as required.
- This role reports to the Program & Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a related area combined with 5 years of professional relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of roles & activities of the UN with a complex humanitarian emergency or development environments.
- Proven ability to produce reports & papers on substantive issues with strict attention to deadlines.
- Ability to oversee & report on the work of others.
- Excellent drafting ability & communication skills, both oral & written along with good computer skills.
- Proven ability to communicate orally & ability to prepare written reports in a clear, concise & meaningful way.
- Good interpersonal skills & abilities to gain assistance of others in a team endeavour.
- Ability & readiness to travel, including to hardship locations in Somalia.
- Ability to effectively work in a multicultural environment.
- Be physically fit & in good health.
- Have a demonstrated ability to live in the conditions of the region.
- Knowledge of the UN system & familiarity with UN procedures will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in oral & written English & Somali is required.
- Proven supervisory ability & /or technical leadership. Ability to maintain effective working relations both as a team member & team leader.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships & working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect for diversity.
- Ability to manage, organise, plan & implement work assignments, juggle competing demands & work under pressure of frequent & tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply good judgement & decision-making skills.
- Strong spoken & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to handle a range of management & coordination issues.
- Sound knowledge of & exposure to, administrative & financial management issues.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: