Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
providing leadership, strategic direction and overseeing management of the Somalia Program in line with the 5-years Country Strategy.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinate technical country strategy and support provision of operational management and integration of all technical areas.
- Provides strategic direction and support to the Technical Coordinators, PM’s and support the Field Co in ensuring the effective delivery of program activities and the successful integration of activities with all other aspects of Action Against Hunger programming.
- Oversee the quality implementation of ongoing programming based on robust grant management, monitoring and evaluation systems and the facilitation of Technical Department.
- Ensure that funding for programming is spent in a coherent, transparent and optimal way.
- Lead proposal preparation through a needs based approach and ensure all departments work together.
- Ensure that all programs are compliant with donor protocols and reports are submitted on time.
- Ensure the overall planning and follow-up of technical reporting for donors, authorities and internal requirements (Activity Progress Reports) in coordination with the support departments.
- Develop and ensure that sector operating plans are in place in liaison with the technical coordinators, ensuring integration amongst the various sectors.
- Identify and evaluate potential partners and partnerships at country level. Lead the due diligence process to assess potential partners capacity and document capacity building needed.
- Ensure Action Against Hunger is represented at relevant and appropriate forums in Somalia in liaison with the technical coordination team and information shared accordingly.
- Coordinate closely with Finance, Log, HR and Field Managers to ensure that security, procurement, HR and financial protocols are designed to support quality programming.
- Lead on the development and roll-out of new and more effective systems to improve program implementation.
- Maintain an up to date database of all grants managed by the country.
- Supervise of externally hired consultants for any program matters.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Bachelor of Arts or Science in related International Relations/Affairs, Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Demographics or related field.
- You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, DFID, OFDA, FFP etc).
- You have at least 3 years work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation as well as Project Cycle Management.
- You have proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- You are highly organized & pays attention to small details.
- You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You have excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload, diverse tasks and responsibilities, and also work calmly under pressure.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team.
- You have excellent reporting and proposal writing experience.
- You have good diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- You are fluent in English.
- Advanced Masters Degree
- Experience working in insecurity environments.
- Previous experience as a Field Coordinator.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core values
Respect– we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 8th April 2020.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the link below.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 8th April 2020.