Program Specialist, Shuraako
Organization Summary: For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs, tests, and partners to scale programs that help communities see problems in new ways and solve them collectively. Shuraako (www.shuraako.org) has been operating throughout the Somali region since 2012 with offices in Hargeisa, Garowe, and Mogadishu .
With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world, OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace. At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
Primary Role: The Shuraako Program and Data Specialist will support core work relating to investment and business development workstreams. The Program Specialist is responsible for completing assignments with demanding deadlines and working closely with a global team to implement fund and project activities. This position reports to the Director of Shuraako.
Job Type: Full time, Non-Exempt, hourly
Salary range: 18.51- 22.63 per hour (approximately equivalent to an annual salary of $ 43,313.40-$52,954.20) plus EID
Location: This position is based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Reports To: Director, Shuraako
- Maintain Shuraako’s Database System
- Produce annual reports on all Shuraako projects
- Produce regular and one-off portfolio reports as needed
- Track program impact metrics such as women-owned company information, youth owned, baseline jobs numbers, etc.
- Provide ongoing support to Shuraako staff on database usage, data reporting, and data analysis.
- Work with Shuraako staff to provide basic data quality checks, to ensure all data are accurately and uniformly entered into the program database
- Develop and undertake projects collecting, interpreting, researching, and presenting data in a compelling way, as needed.
- Enter data into the database and perform other database management related tasks, as needed.
- Update and maintain the data entry into the program database
- Perform investment committee and advisory committee responsibilities such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes and following up on meeting action items.
- Support the team with producing client statements off the Fund billing software
- Support in maintaining the Accounts Receivable report for Shuraako’s Pilot Fund
- Prepare loan closing documents for paid off clients
- Assist with presentation development for all Shuraako projects
- Maintenance and management of team’s presentation/slide document library
- Liaise with the communications department to maintain the program website and social media.
- Provide data and context to the communications department in writing case studies and business profiles, showcasing successful Shuraako clients
- Assist with fundraising proposals/presentations as needed
- Monthly credit card reconciliations
- Support with the Annual Internal Revenue Compliance Documentation
- Support the Annual Audit process
- Support with event /conference planning as needed
- Perform other tasks as needed
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Competences: This role requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who can complete duties to a high degree, as assigned, and on time. Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Strong data and/or analysis skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to work discreetly with sensitive information
- Self-motivated and flexible to changing situations and priorities, and able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Familiarity with database management softwares, for example, Airtable
- Superb organizational skills and proven research abilities.
- A proactive and efficient approach to work and completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn rapidly, prioritize workloads, and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy with a positive attitude.
- Strong computer and word processing skills using Google Suite and MS Office including a high level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Interest in international relations, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or related fields.
- Passion for working in a team environment.
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis, and lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
- Commitment to OEF’s vision, mission, and values (www.oneearthfuture.org).
- Experience or interest in the Horn of Africa (particularly Somalia) a plus
- Past experience in data collection processes and/or interpreting business documents
- Past experience in and/or comfortable reporting to multiple managers, working across departments to complete tasks, and dealing with ambiguity, or false-starts/failures
- Past experience creating, improving, and/or implementing administrative processes and procedures
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.