1. Terms of reference
PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER (SOMALI NATIONAL)
To be confirmed upon funding availability
Country Programs Coordinator
Data entry and M&E staff
2. Job description
A. General context of the project
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people affected by natural disasters and conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. In Somalia INTERSOS is active since 1992 responding to emergencies that involve IDPs and returnee populations as well as the host community. INTERSOS currently operates in Banadir, Bay, Bakol and Middle Shabelle regions of Somalia.
B. General purpose of the position, responsibilities and tasks
General purpose of the position
INTERSOS Somalia is recruiting a M&E Programme support Officer, he is under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and work closely with the Health and Nutrition Coordinator, program managers.
Purpose: To support the Somalia Programme team in the development and timely submission of high quality donor proposals and reports (internal and external) as well as supporting in producing case studies, program documentation, data analysis, visibility material and brochures for INTERSOS country Programme. To support the team with data management and information gathering proper reflection of results and impacts for proposals and reports.
Main responsibilities and tasks
· Support Programme staff in the development and timely submission of high quality donor reports, using appropriate templates and guidelines and ensuring donor compliance.
· liaise with Programme managers to provide information and guidance on donor compliance requirements.
· Support Programme staff in the development of monthly reports and PAT (project appraisal tool).
· Support Programme staff with concept notes and proposals by editing and proof reading.
· Support PMs in Project performance report writing;
· Liaise with Programme teams to produce and disseminate program and contextual updates, documenting and sharing updates on achievements and challenges
· Generate comprehensive quantitative data reports on activities and key indicators.
· Support with data and figures the draft of intermediate and final reports for donors.
· Create reporting templates; Create, assist and modify surveys and monitoring tools.
· Ensure matching the quantity and quality data reports.
· Report any discrepancies between the database and the documents used by the teams on the field.
· Support in sharing data for narrative proposals when needed
· Support the Programme Coordinator in producing ‘in-house’ Programme briefs or case studies that demonstrate best practice in areas of INTERSOS’s work and also address problems/constraints and critical issues.
· Conduct desk-based research in order to provide relevant, up-to-date contextual input in proposal development and on a wide range of programme-related issue.
· Create and manage INTERSOS central database and all others database necessary to the mission (Baseline for Health, CP and PSS, beneficiaries lists, DB from others NGO etc).
· Program XlS Form for ODK and Kobo toolbox to be uploaded to ONA server and uploaded on tablets; for registration assessments, PDMs, attendance and upon any need.
· Manage INTERSOS Database Server On ONA server and download regularly in to a matrix data base.
· Designing data collection, management, analysis and reporting tools;
· Clean regularly the data on the matrix DB;
· Prepare the tablets for the field team;
· Ensure the data collected by the field team in the database on electronic version are consistent.
· Follow up for each data base the assessment information collected
· Distribution of most updated information to the different teams.
· Manage Data analysis and create charts, figures and tables using excel monthly.
· Monitoring the information and upon team request analyse and spread the result.
· Ensure training for the field team on the data collection using both paper and tablets.
· Support the preparation of beneficiaries and distribution lists on the required template.
· Send bulk SMS for beneficiaries.
· Arrange files & all documents related to database
· Support communications functions through the dissemination of news and relevant articles, and the development of programme briefs, presentations, etc.
· Act as focal point for information requests regarding programmes in Somalia from other INTERSOS offices communication and fundraising departments.
· Act as focal point for videos, pictures and success stories to be share with donors
Coordination and M&E
· Ensure appropriate filing of electronic copies of all documents, including versions of contracts, reports/proposals/etc. on the intranet, IMP and support to Grants and Information manager with version control of proposals and reports
· Participate in planning processes with the Programme Coordinator
· Implementing Project Monitoring and evaluation and community feedback mechanisms;
· Inter-organization team building, training, coordination, and supervision of field data collection teams;
· Relations with donors and other project stakeholders when required
· Prepare mapping & tutorials for each project
· Attend relevant training organized by coordination bodies in Somalia and or Kenya.
· Attending working group meetings when requested.
3. Position requirements
Statistics, IT, Social Science, Development degree and/or equivalent practical field experience working in Somalia, preferably with a humanitarian organisation.
Minimum three years’ experience in project cycle management related to humanitarian programming, protection monitoring with strong focus on community mobilisation, monitoring and evaluation, and data management.
· Previous experience coordinating and teams management ;
· Previous experience in working with humanitarian Donors in Somalia, especially UN donors;
· Proven experience in training, coordination and monitoring and evaluation;
· Experience in data analysis using Excel, SPSS, EPIinfo or Ms Access
· Experience in data collection using mobile telephone platforms.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali is required.
· Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, health and education staff, local authorities;
· Good cooperation skills and ability to work in a team;
· Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
· Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems;
· Strong organizational, communication and report writing skills;
· Computer literate (word and excel);
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
As a general input to this section, not mandatory requirements are followed by the word ‘‘desirable’’ in brackets. All other requirements are considered as mandatory.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as “PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER” by 16th May 2020.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor, The Cv should have a maximum of three pages.
Attach the Valid Academic Certificates.
INTERSOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply Only short listed candidates will be contacted.**