Programme Support and Admin Officer.
Dollow, Gedo, Somalia.
Finance and Administration
Description of Unit/Department:
The Finance and Administration department is responsible for ensuring the sound management of the financial resources and other assets entrusted to the Somalia country office, ensuring that there are effective procedures in place to facilitate internal controls and accountability of funds and other assets to all stakeholders including the local partners (DHBs). The Finance/Operations function is crucial and vital for successful implementation of program activities and attainment of Trocaire’s overall program purpose and goal.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Programme Support and Admin Officer has overall responsibility for ensuring that support activities at the Zonal office in Dollow are conducted with efficiency, within budget parameters and in accordance with Trocaire Somalia Programme policies and procedures. S/he works in close collaboration with daily coordination with Finance and Administration Officer (Regional Support Office and Gedo), Programme Accountant, Logistics team and Liaison/Operations Coordinator Mogadishu to achieve the strategic and operational goals of the Program.
The role requires a high level of confidentiality due to the nature of interaction with key information.
Operations Manager – with daily coordination with the Regional Support Office Programme Accountant, Logistics team and Liaison/Operations Coordinator in Mogadishu.
Safeguarding Programme Participants Policy:
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding Programme Participants from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
- Ensure that all transactions are fully supported, approved and properly filed.
- Ensuring that payment requests are in line with the finance procedures and that proper procedures are used to guide the financial operations in the office.
- Support OPM to oversee activities related to procurement, billing, operational programme travel, procurement monitoring and evaluation of contracts to individual contractors and consultants, for services provided.
- Prepare and submit the Zones payroll preparation for processing in the Regional Support Office as delegated and in a timely manner.
- Ensure cash forecast for programs, office and other activities are prepared and submitted within the set date.
- Coordinate with program team on monthly activity plans
- Facilitate all program meetings and workshops that take place in Dollow.
- Provide day to day support to program teams on issues relating to program implementation
- Organise for meetings between program team and partners when requested.
· Support the DHB in planning and organization their meetings in consultation with and the Operations Manager and Health Program Manager
- Manage guest house and ensure cleanliness is maintained
- Supervise and provide support and training to guest house staff
- Coordinate with hospital administrators on finance document completion and timely submission of accounting documents to Regional Support Office.
- Manage all guest house supplies and ensure proper use of supplies
- Maintain stock of supplies for guest house and ensure proper use
- Maintain inventory of guest house equipment and other supplies including linens
- Ensure Accommodation is available for staff while in the field and in Mandera
· Coordinate the staff for VISA application and renewals.
· Ensure all timesheets are submitted and fully coded for good audit trail.
- Receive medical supplies into warehouses and ensure proper documentation
- Manage program vehicles and enforce standards of maintenance, ensuring proper and appropriate use of vehicles in all field offices
- Manage staff movement within the field and strict adherence to security protocols
- Manage the inventory of medical supplies and equipment in warehouses
- Make appropriate and timely transport arrangement for visitors from the airports
- Monitor and report security incidents in the zone to the Operations Manager
- Carry out daily security updates and briefs
- Provide security briefs to new staff and other guest house residents
Person Specification – Essential (E)
· Degree in Business Commerce or related field.
· Proven experience in Finance or Administration, Proven experience in the area of HR, finance, and/or administration. Excellent organizing and presentational skills.
· Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control
· Solid project management skills with a proven history of delivering results
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; works collaboratively
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, elders and external partners and supporters
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Fluency spoken English and Somali
· Availability to work outside normal hours
· Commitment to and understanding of Trocaire’s values
· Knowledge of Somalia and the Gedo region in particular
How to apply
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
The position is local contract and
women and Gedo people are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply the position go: