OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Japanese Youth Vocational Training Project is a key initiative complimentary to on-going efforts at our client and the Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing to create institutionalized support and capacity building that will further enable youth to work on the infrastructure and developmental sectors in Somalia.
The Strengthening Somalia Institutions for Public Works (SSIPWP) project currently carried out at MPWRH is a key initiative in developing the capacity of the Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing, the State level Ministries and Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) to enable them independently plan, design, manage and oversee infrastructure and public works projects. With the intentions of building on this initiative through the Embassy of Japan, our client in collaboration with MPWRH will provide skills and trainings to youth in the regions to complement the ongoing efforts to provide capacity-building opportunities for youth in the infrastructure and the development sector.
The project will focus on key areas of soft skills in construction and infrastructure in the Federal Member States of Puntland, Galmudug, Southwest and Hirshabelle. In collaboration with the respective FMS, each of the cities will conduct a training session (facilitated by an implementing partner) and a graduation ceremony and a job fair to give opportunities to the graduates to show case their skills and potentially lead to job placement opportunities.
The Japanese Youth Vocational Skills Training project, thus, is seeking a qualified liaison officer in each of the FMS identifies to support and facilitate the training program for the remaining 2.5 months.
The specific objectives of the Project Coordinator is to assure consistent time and cost effective delivery and reporting of the project activities at the state-level. The officer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Support the PM and implementing partner with necessary travel arrangements from Mogadishu during the training session, graduation ceremony and job fair ensuring all stakeholders and partners are present and informed;
- Facilitate with FMS officers and implementing partner the recruitment of trainees, based on the provided selection criteria;
- Maintaining contact lists for all stakeholders, ensuring FMS officers are complying with this requirement;
- Developing communication and reporting material throughout the duration of the project;
- Liaise with the FMS officers, as needed while providing and collecting updates and documentation of progress;
- Providing weekly updates to be submitted to PM and in collaboration with the FMS officers;
- Monitoring and evaluating the project activities as the implementation is on-going and after for all the FMS;
- Obtaining logs of training sessions and trainees along with the implementing agency, providing collated updates to our client Project Manager;
- Gathering feedback from the FMS Ministry of Public Works on the training session;
- Collecting and compiling the FMS reports against the progress of the implementing partner’s work plan/schedule, achievements and benefits;
- Project Coordinator is responsible for overall FMS Liaison Officers, keeping up to date and ensuring that all parties are following project schedules, material and reporting requirements.
Youth Vocational Training Project Manager
Providing weekly updates to be submitted to PM and in collaboration with the FMS officers
Submitting reporting material to by the indicated deadlines, collating all materials for PM
Project Coordinator is responsible for overall FMS Liaison Officers, keeping up to date and ensuring that all parties are following project schedules, material and reporting requirements
§ Bachelor’s degree in combination with an additional one year of relevant professional experience in client management or administrative work. A relevant combination of academic credentials in high learning and/or industry certifications and qualifying exp.
§ Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Training experience.
§ Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
• Knowledge and experience in working with project management;
• Experience in initiation, implementation and project closure phases;
• Interpersonal connections and knowledge of the community members and beneficiaries;
• Demonstrated high level experience in facilitating participatory workshops;
• Demonstrated experience in gender-related guidance and action plan development in the
• development sector and infrastructure projects;
• Knowledge and understanding of local community, relevant in infrastructure projects working with government and private sectors.
Other relevant information:
Bachelor’s degree in combination with an additional one year of relevant professional experience in client management or administrative work.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with internal and external stakeholders on training and/or capacity building initiatives.
• A relevant combination of academic credentials in high learning and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English.
Interested candidates should create a profile and apply on CTG Global careers website through the below link:
Please refer to the vacancy number: VAC-2910. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.