The Project Management Support – Senior Officer (Biometric Registration Mentor) will lead the conceptualization, planning, preparation, and monitoring of registration and verification activities and will report to the MIS Specialist. She/he will proactively coordinate and liaise with the biometric team in the coordination and compilation as well as analysis of the activities related to biometric and documentation.
Under the direct supervision of the Management Information System (MIS) Specialist, the Project Management Support – Senior Officer (Biometric Registration Mentor) will perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- To coordinate with the relevant project focal points to ensure that beneficiary data are aligned with stipend payments.
- Conduct formal and on-the-job training to ensure that field teams are prepared and knowledgeable to operate the system efficiently.
- Assist and support the MIS Specialist with the maintenance of registration kits, hardware, software, and databases. Management, upgrades, and procurement and/or replacement of equipment and software.
- In coordination with the relevant project focal points, She/he will ensure the timely and accurate flow of registration and biometric verification, establish and master payment lists
- Synchronize field data captured on field kits with UNHRS servers and databases.
- Keep up to date assets registers and asset management systems
- Gathering data and assessing biometric information to produce high-quality reports for audit and quality control purposes.
- Maintain contact with field teams to ensure the timely flow of the project data and remote support of field teams.
- Travel to field locations when required.
- Ensure synergy between policy, strategy, crosscutting issues & regional requirements.
- Assist the MIS Specialist in development of regional, personal & thematic plans to achieve stated goals and objectives, including developing background and contextual components of work plans.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems when issues are encountered at the field level to ensure the delivery of quality information.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings and other working groups.
- Other duties as required by the Supervisor
Impact of Result
The Project Management Support – Senior Officer has a major role to support the MIS Specialist that directly affects the ability of the FGS and FMS (military and police) to effectively and efficiently disburse stipend payments in a timely fashion, which will have a direct impact of the delivery of safety and security services to the broader Somalia.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, Economics, Statistics with a combination of two (2) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Technical Diploma in related areas (Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, Economics, Statistics) combined with 6 years of professional relevant work experience.
B. Work Experience
- A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience in Biometric identification and registration systems, procedures, and web applications is required.
- Experience in Biometric systems and tools is an asset
- Experience in complex humanitarian and /or development programmes, in one or more countries, at an operational level, is an asset
- Good knowledge of roles and activities of international organizations within a complex humanitarian emergency or developmental environments is desirable
- Ability to produce reports on substantive issues, with particular attention to deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and abilities to gain assistance from others in a team endeavor.
- Ability to effectively work in a multicultural environment.
- Good planning, coordination, and analytical skills as well as the ability to implement innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Work experience in the East Africa region is desirable.
- Work experience in developing / post-conflict countries is desirable
- Ability to work with little or no supervision in high risk/hostile environments.
- Capable of delivering on the job training.
- Experience /knowledge of Google Suite is an asset.
C. Language Requirement**
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should use the below link to apply online.