PROTECTION FIELD OFFICER
About the Job
The Protection Field Officer contributes to the implementation of ICRC’s Protection activities in Mogadishu.
This is a resident/National position based in Mogadishu.
· Contributes to the implementation of Protection of Civilian Population (PCP) activities
· Conduct field assessments either alone or as part of ICRC multidisciplinary teams focusing on the humanitarian needs of affected populations
· Supports detention visiting teams if/when need be
· Supports the ICRC or the Somali Red Crescent Society if needed in restoring family links (RFL) activities
· Contributes to the analysis of the general humanitarian situation
· Contributes to the definition of the annual objectives and plans of actions of the ICRC Protection department
· Contributes in social, political and cultural environment analysis
· Report regularly on ongoing activities including multidisciplinary assessments and operational reports
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· University Degree in Social Science, development studies or qualification in a related field of study
· At least 4 years of experience in a similar field of activities
· Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law/International Human Rights Law is an asset
· Ability to network, represent the institution externally and dialogue with major stakeholders
· Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills
· Upholds a high sense of responsibility and confidentiality
· Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 17th February 2020. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.*