Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is looking to build our talent pool / roster for Railway Operations Specialists in connections with a potential project going live in East Africa. This project is related to food & livelihood. Although the role is being actively advertised, this is not a live requirement at the moment.
Our client is seeking to contract Railway Operations Specialist with at least five years of experience in a rail operations capacity with commuter or freight railroad, to assist in delivering effective / efficient operational solutions for railway operation related services.
- Project management assistance, providing expertise in contract & agreement support for the various services.
- Oversight of passenger & freight operations, including scheduling & logistics review.
- Ridership statistics, cost benefit & financial analyses & daily report reviews.
- Locomotive & rail car maintenance including mechanical back shop organisation & best practices.
- Infrastructure capital program review including MOW program evaluation, support & oversight with a bias to quality customer service.
- Assistance in Federal program reviews & grant applications.
- Providing superior expertise in safety program development, compliance & oversight.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Fluency in English is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Peripheral knowledge of station operations including ticketing, fares, passenger train information systems, ticket vending machines.
- Conversant in operational access, operating agreements & equipment leases.
- Able to analyse & prepare budgets.
- Knowledge of rolling stock mechanical inspections & maintenance, physical characteristics of the territory & qualified on railroad rule books.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s-Degree in Transportation, Engineering or Planning.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in railway operations.
- Knowledge of computer software programs including MS Office, Internet applications, econometric or transportation modelling, database management.
- Ability to utilise computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Must be innovative, detail oriented & results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels & to resolve problems.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to manage projects effectively & meet firm deadlines.
- Must be able to fulfil essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness & safe manner.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.