Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The Ministry of Internal Securities of Jubaland & South West States & IOM are seeking to recruit an experienced female Clinical Nurse to provide healthcare services to beneficiaries at the Rehabilitation Center for Vulnerable Youth (Female) in Baidoa & Kismayo.
- The Nurse will be responsible for establishing & running of a rehabilitation center medical clinic that provides preventive, curative & promotive health services to the beneficiaries. She will directly be supervised by both the Jubaland & South West Ministry of Internal Securities & Transition Center staff with technical support from IOM’s Migration Health Division (MHD). Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored & evaluated by both the Jubaland & South West Ministry of Internal Securities & IOM. IOM will undertake contracting obligations & remuneration.
This is a full time positions, based in the Female Rehabilitation Centers in Baidoa & Kismayo. The specific tasks include:
- Provide health screening to beneficiaries upon their entry into program, as well as on a regular basis during their stay at the Transition Center.
- Provide medical treatment & referrals of complicated cases.
- Establish patient care goals, teach & counsel patients & reinforce their understanding of disease, medications & self care skills, answers questions.
- Conduct regular health & hygiene awareness sessions with beneficiaries at the center.
- Maintain a safe & clean working environment at all times.
- Adhere to infection control policies & protocols, medication administration & storage procedures & controlled substance regulations at all times.
- Assist in keeping track of medical supplies & drugs, checking expiration dates & in ensuring & verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- Report the key epidemiological data every week in a timely manner.
- Collate, analyse & generate relevant data & submit reports as required.
- This role reports to the Rehabilitation Center Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing/Clinical Medicine from recognized Institution/University.
- Should hold valid practice license from the relevant authority.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical practice in Somalia &/or Somali population.
- Experience in working in public health in Somalia &/or Somali population.
- Experience in working with the Ministry of Health, an asset.
- Experience in working in international organizations, an asset.
- Fluent in Somali with working knowledge of English.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Client orientation: Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
- Continuous learning: Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
- Communication: Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity & initiative: Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Leadership & negotiation: Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Performance management: Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
- Planning & organizing: Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism: Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Technological awareness: Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Other relevant information:
- Female candidates will be given first priority.
- This role is posted on 6.11.2019 & will be advertised till 17.11.2019.