|CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Following more than two decades of civil war, Somalia has made important progress in recent years with the establishment of permanent political, economic and security institutions. This points towards a future with stronger prospects for peace and for economic and social development. Agriculture remains key to the livelihood of half of Somalia’s population that still lives in rural areas. It is also key to the country’s food security and economic growth prospects. We are thus proud that the European Delegation in Somalia embarked on this important role to assist Somalia in implementing the 2020-2025 National Development Plan and to inform its forward policy planning and programming.
Somalia Government developed the Resilience and recovery framework (RRF) highlights the need to channel resource towards resilience building and recovery, this will intern strengthen communities’ resilience to withstand shocks. Somalia has experienced first-hand the effects of climate change, it is a reality in Somalia with recurrent droughts, floods and effects of cyclones hit part of the country in recent years.
In carrying out the assignment, the Consultant is the focal person for resilience at MOAI and subsequently advises the ministry on resilience, build capacity, participate in resilience forums.
The Consultant will develop an action plan (AP), in consultation with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Focal person for resilience within MOAI and participates in all coordination forums.
- Ensure the National Food security and Nutrition strategy implementation to the highest quality standards.
- Lead in the development of MOAI action plan (AP) and monitor its implementation.
- Provide high quality technical support to the Ministry on the operationalization of the resilience programme. This includes support on food security, natural resource-based livelihoods; sustainable agriculture with a particular focus on equitable rights for women and men, through direct mentoring, coaching, training and the creation of linkages with relevant actors, information sources and networks.
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date analysis of food security, sustainable agricultural and climate change adaptation in Somalia.
- Ensure the delivery of monthly reports (narrative and financial) as well as quarterly and annual reports to a high standard
- Co-ordination resilience and food security, livelihoods trends and humanitarian needs that may undermine food security and livelihoods in Somalia.
- Proactively promote and scale up innovation, appropriate technology and learning in the resilience Programme.
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the job:
- Keep abreast of developments in the sector as a whole and within Resilience/livelihoods/ humanitarian sector in particular.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned by the line manager that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibilityOutcomes of the Consultancy;
Ensure the delivery of monthly reports (narrative and financial) as well as quarterly and annual reports to a high standard
|Qualification, attributes and Other requirements specific to the role;
Specific Technical skills.
• Professional qualification in an appropriate technical subject or subject relevant to development/ emergency work and Project Management.
• Third level qualification in: Agricultural Science, Development Studies, Resource Rights, Economics, Project Management or other related discipline.
• Program planning and monitoring
• Financial management and donor reporting
• Proven experience in capacity building processes and techniques
• Concrete and action-oriented person
• Good communication skills, both facilitating and presenting but also producing written work of a high quality in English
• Ability to organize his/her work independently, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multitask.
• Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate sensitively to a broad range of people and organisations within a cross cultural and Somalia context.
• Proven organisation and administration skills, including familiarity with standard IT packages and their applications and specifically Excel.
• Commitment to a partnership approach.
• Understanding of programme cycle management and Programme Quality theories, including M&E systems and Results Based Management and impact assessment.
• Understanding of the rights-based approach and its application in development programming.
• Experience working with the government.
• Somali language skills.
- An advanced university degree (preferably MA) in policy development and other related social sciences with emphasis on statistics and/or monitoring and evaluation. Knowledge in food security, agriculture and social sciences, humanitarian affairs, political science, Information Technology.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in proposal development, food security, information management, and/or program development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Strong program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent documents including Action Plan
- Prior demonstrated experience developing proposals for institutional donors, in particular those funding food security programs.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members in various locations and from multiple organizations.
- Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organizations, and technical experts from multiple sectors.
- Flexibility to adapt to any subsequent changes in the terms of reference.
- Working relationships with relevant ministries and agencies working in food security would be an advantage.
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required; prior experience of facilitating multi stakeholders’ workshops and meetings.