Overview of position
The clients (DDR) unit is seeking to recruit an experienced Restaurant Management and Cooking/Baking Trainer to provide full-time instruction to female beneficiaries in Baidoa. This position is jointly managed by the South West State government and the client, with dual reporting requirements.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from the administrative manager (Administrative Assistant) with support from technical staff (Livelihood Team Leader, Livelihood Project Officer, Education Coordinator) and other staff. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by the client and the government partner. the client will undertake contracting obligations and remuneration in close collaboration with South West State Ministry of Internal Security.
This is a full-time position as per Somali Labour Laws based in Baidoa. The specific duties and responsibilities of the role include:
Restaurant Management Teaching
· Design and deliver a basic restaurant management curriculum teaching students how to set up and manage a successful restaurant or catering business in Baidoa. To include:
· Basic menu development, high quality food preparation and portioning, and presentation
· Basic inventory responsibilities (food sourcing) and how to manage restaurant financials (food cost, budgeting)
· Exceptional customer service and hospitality
· Design and deliver a basic cooking curriculum to include:
· Basic nutrition
· Healthy and locally sourced meal preparation of 10-15 staple Somali dishes
· Baking of 5-10 staple sweets (e.g. biscuits, cookies, cakes)
· Create, update and maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, and practice exercises for efficient and effective delivery of the skills.
· Develop hands on activities to help students learn mobile repair through both one-on-one and group engagement, adapting resources to ensure all students are able to make progress.
· Provide a stimulating learning environment and provide additional assistance to students with particular learning needs and abilities; instruct in a manner that develops students’ confidence and their abilities; integrate a variety of teaching strategies and curriculum content
· Provide access to information resources through efficient and well guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources and provide assistance to students in the effective use of these systems.
· Maintain standardized student assessments and record keeping system for student progress and attendance; assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of students.
· Work with social workers to ensure that student case files are maintained properly and student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals;
· Establish rapport/trust with students;
· Give explanations, reasonable and appropriate assignments, and directions clearly;
· Organize the classroom to contribute to the learning process;
· Perform other duties related to the DDR program as assigned by supervisor.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from the administrative manager (Administrative Assistant) with support from technical staff (Livelihood Team Leader, Livelihood Project Officer, Education Coordinator) and other staff. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated by the client and the government partner. The client will undertake contracting obligations and remuneration in close collaboration with South West State Ministry of Internal Security.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism.
• Client Orientation – maintains high customer service standards at all times.
• Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Professionalism – displays mastery of the profession and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment.
• 1+ years of restaurant management experience
• 2+ years of cooking experience (preferably in restaurant, hotel, or employed by a family)
• Experience of working in the South West State regions is highly preferred
• Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs
• Previous experience working with youth at risk, women and or the return and reintegration of at risk groups a considerable advantage
• Knowledge and Understanding:
• Ability to cook 10-15 traditional Somali dishes (ability to cook international dishes desired) Ability to bake 5-10 sweets/breads Creative in developing recipes Basic financial management skills Exceptional hospitality/customer service skills Practical and theoretical understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: