Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Background information – Job specific:
- The EU is currently funding the Resilience Program for Somalia which is based on the objective “to revitalise & expand the Somali economy with a focus on livelihood enhancement, employment generation & broad based inclusive growth”, financed from the European Development Fund (EDF).
- Under this project our client has been requested by the EU to provide support by filling in the identified gaps with flexible tools & mechanisms to implement the National Development Plan structure by establishing a Partnership Coordination Facility for Somalia. Coordinated efforts are essential in order to transform Somalia into a more resilient & improved, economic sector with greater security, gender equity, improved human development, stronger infrastructure & better access to basic services that is delivered by accountable governmental institutions.
- This transformation is hindered by slow institutions that are unable to respond quickly to emerging needs. The project will allow these needs to be identified by the Pillar Working Groups & to be satisfied in a timely, strategic manner.
Purpose & scope of assignment:
- Support the Office of Prime Minister in understanding the required social sector reforms that can contribute to social sector systems strengthening.
- Synthesise input & ideas from the country’s’ top leaders, the development partners, the private sector, non profit organisations & the academic community into Somali social sector reform.
- Work with govt. & donors to identify best practices & the conditions under which existing resources are most effectively used to improve performance of the social sector & service delivery.
- Support the operationalisation of the National Development Plan & lead the social sector road map which is a key pillar of the NDP9.
- Provide technical guidance, strategic advice & programmatic direction for the implementation of the program of work for promoting social sector governance, policy, planning & leadership to the Office of the Prime Minister.
- In close collaboration with the health sector development partners, strengthen the govt’s planning capacities as well as ability to develop & present policies.
- Support the resilience thematic area in the social sector road map, advise and support Recovery & Resilience Framework (RRF).
- Lead & guide the social sector pillar 3 of NDP9 which was drawn from social road map.
- Actively participate in project annual work planning, design, implementation & reporting particularly related to governance activities designed to strengthen the social sector road map.
- Coordinate expert & knowledge management networks to support social thematic areas such as resilience, health systems strengthening, education facilitate the documentation & communication of country experiences & inter country collaboration in health governance, policy & leadership.
- This position will be reporting to the Projects Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 7 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Fluency in English (essential) and Somali (desirable).
- Advanced Degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health, Public Policy, International Cooperation, or related health or discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree Public Health, Public Policy, International Cooperation, or related health discipline with an additional 2 years’ experience in lieu of a Master Degree.
Experience & skills:
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience in the field of resilience, social sector reform & / or employment policy gained through work in a govt., consultancy or international development agency context.
- Experience in working with & providing policy & technical advice to high ranking officials preferably govt. institutions.
- Experience in aid coordination, Somalia & / or other fragile states would be a considerable advantage.
- Experience working on or managing large & complex programs, in coordination with govt. authorities.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills including oral, written & skills.
- Ability to translate strategic thinking & innovative ideas into practical operational recommendations.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthesise & clearly present complex processes & issues.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines & work independently without supervision.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
- Proficiency in Somali language is an asset but not a requirement.
The consultant should possess the functional competencies consistent with a high level strategic assignment of this kind including:
- A strong client / results orientation.
- The ability to build strategic partnerships.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt & apply knowledge in different contexts.
- Excellent communication, organisation & facilitation skills.
- Strong writing skills.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: