Position: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Garowe Puntland, with frequent travels to Galmudug and Benadir region
Reports to the: Chief of Party/Team leader
Employment Duration: 12 Months
Expected Start Date: 1st October 2020
Funding: This position is pending donor approval
Who we are:
With 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks an experienced, dynamic and innovation-driven “Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” to work with the two FMS (Puntland, Galmudug) and the FGS-MOH (Benadir region) in their role of delivering the FHW program in their respective geographies. This is a one-year program that aims to strengthen the delivery of high impact community-based primary health care services and build capacity of implementing governments. This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Serve as a focal point for all M&E activities, progress reviews, and evaluations, developing reports etc.
- The Senior M&E Specialist will provide technical oversight of the M&E of the Female Health worker program and support the monitoring of FHW and FHS supervision, as per the FHW program monitoring and evaluation plan.
- The Senior M&E Specialist will build the MOH capacity by preparing supervision instruments and processes based on the FHW Compendium and support the implementing of these instruments of FHW supervision.
- The Senior M&E Specialist will distribute reporting materials; support regular FHW supervision by FHS with the design and implementation of agreed instruments and processes.
- The Senior M&E Specialist shall support local government/FHW Focal Points to ensure FHS oversees accurate report completion by FHW; and provide technical support to analysis of FHW performance and provide advice for improvements.
- Support consolidated reports from each FHS and provide feedback to the implementing governments.
- The Senior M&E Specialist will build MOH of implementing governments’ capacity by assisting in developing and implementing mechanisms for supervision and monitoring.
- The Senior M&E Specialist will participate in the following performance review meetings: Monthly – between one FHS and covered FHW; Monthly – FHW Focal point and covered FHS; Quarterly – between all FHW focal points and FHW Coordinator and DG Health; Semi-annually – the FHW Steering Committee; and Annually – a ministerial level forum on FHW/community health with FGS Minister of Health and FMS Ministers of Health
- Monitor progress in the implementation and results of the projects against the strategic objectives and indicators as well as promote and support the quality assurance of all project interventions.
- Oversees all the data collection and analysis processes, and facilitates baseline, progress studies and surveys as required.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative data analysis and information evaluation, contributing towards the situation analysis, and progress, constraints and gaps assessments, and evaluation of the programme performance
- Support the Capacity Development Specialist and the Chief of Party (CoP) with the training, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical support and training to FHW partner to strengthen M&E systems, including the development of systems, the recommended reporting and monitoring formats & guidelines or/and provides any on-site support.
- Provides appropriate comments, and prepares consolidated high-quality analytical and visualized reports in collaboration with the FHW program team
- Assists in the collection and dissemination of lessons learned, actioning evidence-based programming informing the FHW approach, and adapting the M&E systems and framework as required by the context.
- Participate in strategic program discussions on the planning of the FHW health programs.
- Maintenance of data platform for the FHW Program
Minimum qualification and professional experiences required:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Public Health, Economics, Business Management or Social Science
- 5-8 years’ relevant work experience in M&E
- Demonstrated experience developing individual and organizational capacity for data management and analysis Experience in design and /or implementation of M&E system for health, preferable in public sector
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing a variety of individual and organizational capacity development approaches for M&E to develop long-term capacity improvements
- Possess excellent technical skill in health research and program, and project performance assessment
- Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation sound quantitative and qualitative skills (managing, analysis & interpretation of data), with a focus on building the capacity of others in these skills
- Experience adapting tools, guidelines, and systems to improve data analysis and management
- Demonstrated experience developing electronic performance visualization platforms and developing capacity for use of the platforms
- Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships Highly skilled in using statistical programs, with experience in training and facilitation of M&E activities
- Fully proficient in the following software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Willingness to travel regularly across Somalia
How to apply
Contact Us if you have what it takes?
If you think you are great fit, please submit your application and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line indicating “Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist”. The closing date for applications is September 15, 2020. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.