LM010 Senior National Security Assistant
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Post category: Officer Level
Group classification: 1
The Senior Local Security Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Deputy Senior Mission Security Officer (DSMSO)/Chief of Unit.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To advise the Security Unit on Somalia specific security related matters that affect the Mission;
· To manage and supervise under the direction of the DSMSO national staff members of the Mission Security Department;
· To provide comprehensive security introduction training to new national MM as required;
· Gather, report and advise on security related information as guided by DSMSO/MSO, including any necessary translation of documents;
· Liaison with national authorities, service providers and relevant organisations as required;
· Effectively liaises and interacts with other departments within EUCAP Somalia and in other duty stations, as required;
· Close cooperation with DSMSO/MSOs and Armed Protection Officers (APOs) in providing security coverage for Mission Members and official guests or visitors to EUCAP;
· Assists in security response actions, as tasked by the DSMSO/MSO;
· Carries out and assists with security-related administrative tasks, including the maintenance of relevant administrative forms, databases and rosters;
· Assists in the implementation of security advisories and instructions as disseminated by the DSMSO/MSO;
· Assists the DSMSO/MSO in monitoring compliance with the Minimum Security Operational Standards (MSOS) for EUCAP;
· Performs and carries out other tasks and duties required or requested by the MSO;
· General driving duty’s as required, involving light and armoured vehicle;
· Responsible for the routine maintenance of assigned vehicle on regular basis including daily service and maintenance checks;
· Participates in the vehicle management which incorporates control of mileage, fuel, damage to vehicle, road accidents;
· Ensure accuracy of log books for assigned vehicle.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma (undergraduate level).
· The candidate should have a professional qualification in security-related field or equivalent academic or professional military/police training.
· Demonstrable basic knowledge of security systems.
· A valid Somali cat. “D” or EU cat. “C” driving license or equivalent is a requirement.
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, in the same field of work.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent administration and organisational skills, which reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances, as well as ability to communicate with personnel at all operational and strategic levels;
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Exemplary writing and editing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet;
· Excellent communication and analytical skills in both written and spoken English and Somali language;
· Teamwork orientated;
· Has a strong sense of confidentiality and discretion;
· Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
· Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely;
· Punctuality, reliability.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Proven experience of driving armoured B6 vehicles would be an asset, otherwise a requirement to undertake a training course;
· Ability to manage a small team;
· Previous work experience with an international organisation would be an asset;
· Able to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision.
· Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.
Application form and instructions available at: https://www.eucap-som.eu/eucap-jobs/