Overview of position
The Federal Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development (MOPIED) is in charge of coordination of the whole government agencies and provides advice to the government on medium and long-term strategies for socio-economic development and sustainable economic growth. The Ministry is also responsible for analyzing and monitoring development directions on macro-economic and sector strategic plans as well as broad socio-economic development issues. MOPIED, in partnering with the federal member states line ministries of planning, private sector and development partners promotes long-term sector strategic policies, socio-economic development issues and sustainable economic growth nationwide.
The EU is currently funding the Resilience Programme for Somalia which is based on the objective “to revitalize and expand the Somali economy with a focus on livelihood enhancement, employment generation, and broad-based inclusive growth”.
The overall objective of the EU actions in this sector is to contribute to strengthening the resilience of Somali communities to cope with, adapt and recover from recurrent shocks. In addition, to improve resilience and livelihoods to enhance youth employment for rural communities and urban households in Somalia. In a context of predictable and protracted natural disasters and humanitarian crises, such positive transformation, which strengthens the ability of current and future generations to meet their needs and withstand crises, requires bridging the gap between emergency and rehabilitation. Food security, livelihood and resilience building are the main approaches utilised to guarantee valuable achievements related to resilience, conflict prevention and peacebuilding at community level.
· Create all documentation for Minister monthly reports and briefing.
· Create reports/documentation as assigned by the Minister and Special Assistant.
· Facilitate and support information sharing between the Minister and the MOPIED Chair of the Resilience Coordination Secretariat.
· Support the logistical and administrative organization of the proceedings of Resilience Coordination Secretariat.
· Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities for office staff to optimize their time and organizational effectiveness.
· Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, housekeeping of office facilities, and distribution of keys.
· Assist with expense reports and Minister Financial reconciliations.
· Schedule travel arrangements and coordinate/plan special events.
· Participate as needed in special department projects.
· Perform all other duties as prescribed by the Minister.
This position reports to the Project Manager
· Strong analytical skills with an ability to evaluate and propose strategic options;
· Ability to think critically and strategically in difficult conditions to diplomatically challenge the status quo and encourage shared ownership of outcomes;
· Commitment to ensuring that knowledge transfer and capacity building is central in the work;
· Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills;
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a conflict environment;
· Master’s degree in administration, public administration, development, or relevant field.
· 10+ years of experience in management, development and reform programs.
· Knowledge of public laws relevant to the planning sector.
· Strong knowledge of good practice in policy formulation.
· Demonstrate understanding of governance, budgeting and accountability
· Ability to work collaboratively with counterparts in government ministries, relevant stakeholders and Institutions across Somalia.
· Ability to work without supervision and be results-oriented.
· Familiarity with development, political, social and cultural issues in Somalia.
· Previous work experience in Somalia would be an advantage.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for the role
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: