||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
The IOM Somalia team is implementing front line activities as well as co-lead of the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the Preparedness and Response Division Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the CCCM Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision CCCM activities in Dollow.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of effective intra-site coordination mechanisms and facilitate participation in inter-site coordination activities.
- Support the establishment of site governance and community participation/mobilization mechanisms within sites, with particular emphasis on women’s decision-making role, persons with specific needs, youth and minority groups.
- Promote accountability of humanitarian actors to the sites’ population; set up information desks and complaints and feedbacks mechanisms where possible.
- Participate in discussions and coordination meetings at the Dollow sub national level and ensure a harmonized and coordinated multi-sectorial response in displacement sites;
- Coordinate reporting of multi-sectorial gaps and needs in all displacement sites to the Dollow Inter-Cluster Working Group and advocate for support from other clusters when necessary;
- Ensure that adequate site management structures are in place in identified displacement sites;
- Organize regular cluster meetings at the sub national level;
Planning and preparedness
- Lead on cluster planning at sub national level with regards to developing response strategies, contingency planning including “exit”/transition strategy for site closures and action plans for the cluster;
- Together with cluster partners, undertake capacity mapping and gap identification exercises to develop a capacity-development strategy for the sector.
- Organise joint field missions, needs assessments and analysis among cluster partners and participate in joint inter-cluster needs assessment exercises;
- Closely monitor project progress; collect, compile and share information from the field teams on a weekly basis.
- Ensure and monitor that all CCCM actors implement site management standards and guidance in all displacement sites;
- In coordination with the Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF), ensure that all partners funded through this mechanism meet their targets and complete all reporting requirements;
Information management (IM) and reporting
- Contribute to programme reporting by collecting, compiling, analysing and filing relevant project information;
- Coordinate closely with all cluster partners to collect and collate agreed upon CCCM reporting tools for the field;
Application of standards and guidelines
- Facilitate discussion and agreement on the use of common standards and tools among cluster partners;
- Promote awareness of and adherence to relevant policy guidelines, codes of conduct and examples of good practice by all cluster partners, taking into consideration the possible need for local adaptation both in terms of language and content;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Direct Supervisor – Programme Manager CCCM/DTM Programme Manager CCCM/DTM
||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
– Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
– Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
– Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
*Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
– Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
– Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
-Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
-Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
– Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.