|CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
The IOM Somalia team is implementing front line activities as well as co-lead of the Camp Coordination & Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery & monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the Preparedness & Response Division Coordinator & the direct supervision of the CCCM Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision CCCM activities in Dollow.
- Support the establishment & maintenance of effective intra site coordination mechanisms & facilitate participation in inter site coordination activities.
- Support the establishment of site governance & community participation / mobilization mechanisms within sites, with particular emphasis on women’s decision making role, persons with specific needs, youth & minority groups.
- Promote accountability of humanitarian actors to the sites’ population, set up information desks, complaints & feedbacks mechanisms where possible.
- Participate in discussions & coordination meetings at the Dollow sub national level & ensure a harmonized & coordinated multi sectorial response in displacement sites.
- Coordinate reporting of multi sectorial gaps & needs in all displacement sites to the Dollow inter cluster working group & advocate for support from other clusters when necessary.
- Ensure that adequate site management structures are in place in identified displacement sites.
- Organize regular cluster meetings at the sub national level.
- Planning & preparedness.
- Lead on cluster planning at sub national level with regards to developing response strategies, contingency planning including exit / transition strategy for site closures & action plans for the cluster.
- Together with cluster partners, undertake capacity mapping & gap identification exercises to develop a capacity development strategy for the sector.
- Organise joint field missions, needs assessments & analysis among cluster partners & participate in joint inter cluster needs assessment exercises.
- Closely monitor project progress, collect, compile & share information from the field teams on a weekly basis.
- Ensure & monitor that all CCCM actors implement site management standards & guidance in all displacement sites.
- In coordination with the Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF), ensure that all partners funded through this mechanism meet their targets & complete all reporting requirements.
- Information Management (IM) & reporting.
- Contribute to program reporting by collecting, compiling, analysing & filing relevant project information.
- Coordinate closely with all cluster partners to collect & collate agreed upon CCCM reporting tools for the field.
- Application of standards & guidelines.
- Facilitate discussion & agreement on the use of common standards & tools among cluster partners.
- Promote awareness of & adherence to relevant policy guidelines, codes of conduct & examples of good practice by all cluster partners, taking into consideration the possible need for local adaptation both in terms of language & content.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
This role works under the overall supervision of the Preparedness & Response Division Coordinator & the direct supervision of the CCCM Program Coordinator.
||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values & competencies:
– Inclusion & respect for diversity respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
– Integrity & transparency, maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
– Professionalism, demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – Behavioural indicators level 2:
– Teamwork, develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
– Delivering results produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner; is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
– Managing & sharing knowledge, continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
– Accountability, takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
– Communication, encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.