Under direct supervision of the Regional Programme Director, the SPO is responsible for monitoring the planning and facilitating the implementation of the LEAD 2 programme activities in Somaliland. S/he will provide on-site support on the issues/challenges identified. S/he will also facilitate regular reporting activities, both internal and to donors, with collecting and compiling reports for the Country Manager’s review. S/he will supervise, in the absence of the Country Manager, the LEAD 2 programme activities.
The LEAD 2 programme is a 4-year Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs-funded programme (2020/2023) that aims to improve and enhance economic prospects and opportunities for youth in Tunisia and Somaliland by supporting SMEs to grow, alongside supporting an enabling business environment and developing entrepreneurship and employability measures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Under overall supervision of the RPD, coordinates and monitor the LEAD 2 programme activities in close coordination with the SPARK hub office, HQ and local partners focal points;
- Support the Somaliland team in the smooth implementation of the programme and activities
- Assists RPD in resolving issues/challenges identified;
- Review and verify local partner’s narrative reports and conducting a thorough verification of results
- Ensuring all programme documents are regularly uploaded and maintained on the shared drive folder
- Attending local partners activities and conducting field monitoring and visits to the areas of projects operation in Somaliland
- Draft regular success stories reflecting accomplishments of the LEAD programme to be disseminated on various platforms.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures;
- Other tasks when required
Requirements and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Project management, Business Administration, Economics, or another related field.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in programme management and implementation with International or regional organizations.
- Computer knowledge: MS Office
- Good knowledge of programme/project development (formulation and analysis) and management (implementation and monitoring)
- Good oral and written language skills in English
- Good team worker while able to work independently;
- Good communication and social skills and able to work in multicultural setting.
- Duty station is Hargeisa, with possible frequent trips to the field
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Training opportunities;
- Remuneration based on experience and full-time contract (40h/per week) from 2.300-2.500 USD gross.
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 19 July 2020.
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark- online.org or contact email@example.com, with Reference: Senior Programme Officer. Applications that are received via email will not be considered!
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.