Overview of consultant role position
The Senior Project Engineer provides technical assistance and expertise with reference to the feasibility/design/construction requirements as well as field coordination, ensuring high quality and consistency of work. The Senior Project Engineer supervising a diverse technical team promotes a collaborative, client focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Project Team. He/She will also provide mentorship to junior team members ensuring knowledge transfer for capacity development.
Consultant Role objectives
1. General Construction *Plan and coordinate work activities with the Project Manager * Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided. * Report and recommend remedial actions regarding potential delays and/or cost overruns to the Project Manager. * Provide supervision of project work progress and quality for on-time project delivery. * Prepare project related documentations such as periodic progress reports, site monitoring reports, stakeholder meeting minutes, engineer’s instructions and variation orders, contractor’s bills review reports, certifications, client hand-over documents and contracts close-out reports. * Manage final hand over and acceptance report based on technical specifications against the approved project. * Provide data and information about project work to Project Manager for reporting purposes. * Ensure our client’s contracts are administered appropriately. * Ensure proper liaison, coordination and exchange of information with the Municipal Authority * Accompany all site visits by any Authority and Donor representatives. * *Provide a monthly report to the Project Manager detailing all project matters including quality, health and safety, environmental and financial, as well as any issues relating to possible delays, cost overruns, variations and any other matter as agreed with the Project Manager.**
2. Feasibility /needs assessment
3. Design Management
4. Construction supervision
5. Knowledge management
• A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required.
• A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 7 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
• AutoCAD certification is desirable.
• Project Management certification (for example PRINCE2® Foundation is desirable)
• Fluent in English (in both written and oral communication of English language).
• A minimum of 7 years of experience, related to the project requirements, in civil engineering construction management is required.
• Demonstrated International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) contract knowledge is desirable.
• Ability to use MS office is desirable
• Preparing of BOQs;
• Demonstrates strong technical knowledge and commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrates results orientation and focus on solutions.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with clients, donors and other stakeholders.
• Ability to plan work in a collaborative manner and to manage priorities
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the goals of the project and in accordance with our client’s shared goals
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for keeping abreast of new developments in engineering
The Consult will have team management responsibility, and he will supervise project site engineers.
The consultant to have geographical experience in Somalia Regional States.
Interested candidate please apply through the below link: