Overview of position
The consultants will be responsible for the support & implementation of COVID 19 response & preparedness related activities in the geographic area of concern.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of laboratory personnel;
- Be responsible for the daily operations of the laboratory including but not limited to scheduling, independently troubleshooting and resolving technical and non-technical high complexity problems;
- Provide direct supervision of the work of unlicensed laboratory personnel during the analytical phase of testing;
- Manage the testing and validation of new laboratory equipment and procedures;
- Participate in the inspection preparation activities as needed;
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures, as needed;
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the established performance specifications as needed;
- Assist with the training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel;
- Participate in quality assurance activities;
- Effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution;
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned;
This position reports to the Project Manager.
- University Degree in Epidemiology or Public Health or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Operational & field experience in outbreak preparedness & response, in public health, epidemiology
- Knowledge of structures & functions of national & international health agencies, donors & organisations.
- Familiarity with the health sector in the African region, with Somalia experience an advantage.
This role requires team coordination & supervision responsibilities.
- This is a future vacancy to support the COVID 19 outbreak.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.