Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Following more than 2 decades of civil war, Somalia has made important progress in recent years with the establishment of permanent political, economic & security institutions. This points towards a future with stronger prospects for peace, economic & social development. Agriculture remains key to the livelihood of half of Somalia’s population that still lives in rural areas. It is also key to the country’s food security & economic growth prospects. Our client is thus proud that the European Delegation in Somalia embarked on this important role to assist Somalia in implementing the 2020 – 2025 National Development Plan (NDP) & to inform its forward policy planning & programming.
In carrying out the assignment, the Consultant is required to employ a collaborative approach in ensuring that inputs are obtained from a wide cross section of stakeholders that relate to the agriculture system. The Consultant will develop an Action Plan (AP), in consultation with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Review relevant literature & documents to inform the preparation & finalisation of the Ministry of Agriculture AP.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings to maintain govt. ownership & consolidate relevant information of Somalia agriculture.
- Conduct visit to FMS to meet authorities & other relevant stakeholders to obtain their inputs & support into the process.
- Meet individually with govt. ministries / agencies, such as Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Planning, as well as FAO, WFP & others (DPs & CSOs to explore / develop collaborations & opportunities on agriculture.
- Define the implementation framework & preparation arrangements including the technical coordination of each component / activity as appropriate.
- Define the project activities under each component incorporating all technical comments as they arise.
- Define the baseline, semi annual targets & monitoring mechanisms for indicators, referring to the AP.
- Based on the information / input gathered & building upon the strengths of the Ministry of Agriculture, design projects, including logical framework.
Outcomes of the consultancy:
- The principal delivery of this consultancy will be a finalised an Action Plan (AP) & clear implementation strategy of the AP with indicators to be monitored.
Other deliverable’s shall include:
- Consultation meetings & stakeholder fora.
- An inception report, inclusive of a detailed work plan for the consultancy, at the start of the contract period.
- An implementation framework or program operational manual.
- Final presentation of AP to stakeholders & donors agencies.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
Qualifications & experience:
- An Advanced University Degree (preferably MA) in Policy Development & other related Social Sciences with emphasis on Statistics & / or M&E. – Knowledge in food security, agriculture & social sciences, humanitarian affairs, political science, IT.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in proposal development, food security, information management & / or program development in Sub – Saharan Africa.
- Strong program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent & consistent documents including AP.
- Prior demonstrated experience developing proposals for institutional donors, in particular those funding food security programs.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with project members in various locations & from multiple organisations.
- Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies & approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organisations & technical experts from multiple sectors.
- Flexibility to adapt to any subsequent changes in the TOR.
- Working relationships with relevant ministries & agencies working in food security would be an advantage.
- Excellent English speaking / writing skills required, prior experience of facilitating multi stakeholders’ workshops & meetings.
Other relevant information:
- This contract would be for a duration of approximately 40 working days during the period of 1.5 months.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: