- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is looking to build our talent pool / roster for Supply Chain / Logistics / Transport Operations Specialists in connections with a potential project going live in East Africa. This project is related to food & livelihood. Although the role is being actively advertised, this is not a live requirement at the moment.
- Day to day operational management for all transport & fleet operations.
- Lead & manage all aspects of the organisation’s transport operations which includes developing & implementing effective asset management systems, equipment maintenance programs & SOP’s across the business to achieve revenue targets & operating budgets.
- To maximise asset utilisation (including commercial vehicles) & transport time.
- To take charge of all the company’s local & cross border transportation. This includes contracts, rates, compliance reporting, forecasting, personnel, operational management & product launches.
- To manage the process of identifying, securing & retaining profitable customers for the organisation’s service transport & distribution services.
- To actively lead both the local distribution & cross border teams in the achievement of its goals & KPIs.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- An all-round Transport Specialist with strong experience of working in hostile / conflict zones & having experience of managing a 100+ fleet size.
- Excellent knowledge of transport regulations & operational issues relating to the local market
- Strong knowledge of cross border transport is essential.
- Has a strong understanding of & proven success in delivering a high quality & cost effective transport service.
- Must be a self-starter & capable of hitting the ground running from day 1.
- Strong management & leadership skills must be commercially astute.
- Minimum 10 years in transport operations with 5 years in senior management roles.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: