The Position and responsibilities:
AAH Somalia is looking for a suitable Somali national to fill the position of Supply Chain Specialist based in Mogadishu- Somalia.
The supply chain specialist will support the Head of Department Logistics in the management of Supply Chain operations at mission level and represent HoD during absence. The responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Mission 1: Supply Chain Management
- Manage and process all Supply Chain Management activities according to ACF internal rules and procurement procedures.
- Regularly update the procurement follow-up, and provide regular updates to all the relevant departments.
- Identify impediments to the procurement processes and recommend practical and measurable corrective measures
- Manage Supply plan and Project Procurement plan to ensure price, quality and delivery is optimal.
- Centralize/consolidate procurements of similar nature to maximize bargaining power
- Ensures documentation and audit readiness for all purchase dossiers and log activities.
- Ensure a proper and collaborative liaison with the finance department.
- Work proactively to maintain and grow a robust Suppliers list and price list (catalogue)
- Ensure a smooth purchase flow by developing framework agreement with suppliers/manufacturers/contractors wherever possible.
Mission 2: Supplier Relationship Management
- Development of a tool kit for supplier assessments.
- Review the existing internal document How to Conduct a Supplier Visit.
- Production of supplier questionnaires for various markets.
- Market assessment reports (individual market sheets) as per requested format and contextualized to the Somalia context.
- Development of a checklist to rate, document and manage supplier performance
- Produce new improved Request for Quotations.
- Comprehensive Market report for continuous use.
- Produce Suppliers Relationship Maintenance Guideline and train SCM team
- Produce Price Negotiation Guideline and train SCM team
- Ensure anti-terrorist check is consistently done and team is trained
Mission 3: Market surveillance:
- Review of call for interest information.
- Prepare supplier visits with the SCM team in country.
- Conduct systemic structured supplier visits and make actionable recommendations.
- Review existing assessment table and modify in line with RFQ.
- Connect with other iNGOs working in Somalia and share experience
- Write individual market reports and categorize visited suppliers into various categories depending on their capacity to deliver i.e. direct purchase, negotiated procedure, framework agreements.
- Produce data that can be referenced in procurement planning or proposal development
Mission 3 Vendor Training:
- Develop vendor training material to enhance the capacity and understanding of vendors in line with agency policies.
- Design an online form for registration of suppliers after discussions of needs with the supply team in Somalia.
- Develop a supplier training ½-day presentation of Action Against Hunger, working methodology, conflict of interest, payment while ensuring better engagement and relationships between Action Against Hunger and its vendors in Somalia. **
HOW TO APPLY:
How To Apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st January, 2020 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. Supply Chain Specialist -Mogadishu.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.