- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position
- Our client in Somalia operations is engaged in providing contract management and construction supervision support to various infrastructure projects implemented by the Government partners.
- The projects include roads rehabilitation, construction of health facilities, urban drains rehabilitation, and various community infrastructure works etc. Our client is responsible for ensuring that these works are implemented in accordance with the technical design, specifications and engineering standards as specified in the contract documents, and also in compliance with environmental and social safeguards standards.
- Our client project team includes Engineers, Surveyors, Laboratory Technicians, Environmental & Social Safeguard Specialists, Construction Supervisors and the support staff.
- Our client technical team working alongside with the Government partners also contributes to the strengthening of the Government partners capacity by sharing knowledge and engaging in ‘on-the-job’ training opportunities.
The Surveyor reporting to the Resident Engineer will be responsible for all surveying tasks related to the checking and confirmation alignments and levels established by the Contractor’s surveyor for the rehabilitation/ construction of various infrastructure including roads and buildings. The specific tasks to be carried out under the position will include:
- Coordinate with the Resident Engineer and plan the surveying tasks to help successful implementation of the construction activities;
- Examine the accuracy of established control points and measures to ensure an acceptable level of accuracy is maintained throughout the works implementation;
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s surveyor and check and verify works undertaken by the Contractor to ensure works implementation are as per the design drawings and specifications;
- Manage and deliver the topographic surveys of roads and generation of digital elevation models, maps and drawings from the survey data as directed by the Resident Engineer.
- Undertake field measurements in support of maintaining works progress records, preparation of work quantities for the bill payments, and management of variation claims etc.;
- Preparation of survey reports and any other relevant documents as may be required / directed by the Resident Engineer.;
- Manage the survey equipment ensuring the accuracy through testing and calibration and be the custodian of survey equipment and tools availed to him/her;
- Management of all survey records generated during the works implementation with the responsibility for the final hand-over to the Client
- Support the Resident Engineer with the survey input to review the ‘as constructed’ drawings prepared by the Contractor(s);
- On-the job training of the counterpart staff provided by the Government on engineering surveying tasks.
- Reporting to the Client Project Manager
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to plan, organize, manage, and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands, and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
- Judgement – Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Teamwork – Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- .This role has no team management responsibility
- A registered or licensed surveyor with a recognized institution is desirable
- Experience in undertaking surveying of at least 1 road construction project within the last 3 years,covering levelling operations, setting out of the designed road alignments (both horizontal & vertical), slope stakes, structures etc to the accuracy required.
- Proficient in using latest surveying equipment such as Geodetic/Real Time Kinetic GPS, Total Station, automatic level and ability to upload/download data and generate topographic maps and Contours.
- Proficient in Engineering, Survey and GIS software such Autodesk – AutoCAD and Civil 3D, ArcGIS etc, as well as standard office use software packages.
- Successful applicants shall be prepared to work at project sites located in the Districts of the Federal Member States;
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.