Terms of reference for four FMS Teacher Training Officers
Jowhar (Hirshabelle State);
Kismayo (Jubbaland State);
Dhusamreeb (Galmudug State);
Baidoa (South West State).
Four position (One position in each of the above states)
Reports to the relevant Federal Member State Director General and Director of Teacher training.
One year. Renewable based on performance
16 June 2020
In April 2020, the Global Partnership for Education has approved an additional Maximum Country Allocations (MCA) for the implementation of the Education Sector Strategic Plan of the Federal Government of Somalia. It is two year program commencing from June 1, 2020 to May 2023. The program has four key components including: Component 1: Increasing equitable access to and quality of early childhood care and education. Component 2: Increased equitable access to quality primary education for out-of-school children. Component 3: Enhanced quality of education and children’s learning outcomes. Component 4: Strengthening the education system at the federal member state level for improved service delivery.
Component 3 is one of the key components seeking to enhance quality of education and children’s learning outcomes. In order to achieve this crucial target, the program seeks to provide school based training and coaching for head teachers to improve school performance. Therefore, the four teacher training officers are intended to support the Ministries of Education in Jubaland, Southwest, Hirshabelle and Galmudug in the implementation of all activities under this component.
The teacher training officers will be tasked to do the following activities;
- Support the respective Ministries in the implementation of the activities under component 3 as per the program implementation guidelines.
- Support the identification of school headteachers to be trained on coaching.
- Support the teacher training and needs assessment of teachers.
- Facilitate the headteachers training plans and monitor the implementation and follow ups.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports as required by the programme.
- Ensure compliances related to ESPIG program activities at the field level.
- Perform other assigned duties required.
Duration of the Assignment
The Assignment will be accomplished within 12 months.
Key requirements for this position include:
· Degree in education or related field.
· Experience in the local context specifically at the state level is a must.
· Two years’ experience in working in education programs most preferably with either government or international NGOs.
· Strong track record in successful output deliveries in education and teaching is essential
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Somali
· Excellent IT skills and expert knowledge of all Microsoft packages, as well as presentation skills are essential
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below by 16-June-2020: http://moe.gov.so/job_app**
· Late applications will not be considered.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.