DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Team Leader (SCTL) will Provide support to the programe by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of procurement, logistics, fleet, warehousing and asset management activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
· Ensure timely transmission of logistics monitoring information, stock levels and distribution status to the Area operations coordinator and Country Logistics and Procurement Coordinator
· Develop key performance indicators by which performance of Somaliland logistics department can be measured.
· Provide guidance and participate in rapid emergency logistics assessment missions in Somaliland and to ensure proper supervision and management of the warehouse.
· Ensure weekly and monthly logistics report (such as fleet and fuel management reports, inventory updates, warehouse reports etc.) are prepared and submitted to the Area Operations Coordinator and the Country Logistics and Procurement team as per the required/agreed timeframe.
· Supervise the logistics officers to ensure smooth running of the logistics function of the Somaliland offices
· Manage activities and work relating to procurement and supply i.e. following up on procurement plans, regular procurement tracking system.
· Ensure detailed procurement procedures is followed including specifications, quotes, ordering, packaging, storage and transportation of supplies.
· Liaise with the program and support focal point person to ensure timely processing of procurement requests and delivery of the same to the required destinations following the laid down procedures and donor regulations.
· Ensure proper understanding and adherence to donor and DRC rules and regulations by all the staff and that all procurement documents are timely completed and accurate supporting documentation are in place and appropriately filed.
· Provide technical support to ensure compliance with the approved processes in the area of vendor selection and bids analysis;
· Ensure good relationship with partner’s logistics sections
· Support coordinators and logistics on framework agreement engagement with the respective offices in Somaliland
· Supervise and build the capacity of the Procurement and logistics Officers to ensure smooth running of the procurement and logistics functions.
· Ensure that logistics officers carry out close inspection of Project items and materials delivered to the stores, to ensure that they are at the right quantity and quality and monthly stock updates is circulated throughout the staff.
· Manage DRC supply of stocks in order to permit the rapid movement of humanitarian supplies and to update and implement the warehouse management and commodity tracking system
· Ensure that program staff provides to the warehouse staff the details of when and where project item is needed and ensuring that they are delivered to the correct location safe and within agreed time frame and the process is documented.
· Identify alternative warehouse facilities in times of emergency or unforeseen reasons; using proper DRC procedures.
· Ensure proper scientific method of storage as per DRC guidelines have been followed.
· Follow up and support Coordinators and Area Operations Coordinator that staff follow procurement plan developed during kick start meeting and recommend revision of document when needed.
· Oversea that logistics conduct periodic stock checks and prepare periodic stock reports where defects and loses and captured and shared with the relevant authorities.
· Reads and has a clear understanding of the DRC Asset Management Manual and all related procedures; and capacitate the logistics on prober handling DRC assets and inventory.
· Oversee and ensure that asset register and asset movement documentation (asset loan and asset transfer) and records are filed appropriately and available in the area office.
· Ensure that the logistics keep proper filling and update of the inventory spread sheet so that it can be shared with donors and stakeholders.
· Ensure that DRC asset is properly and uniformly tagged and coded and that asset verification exercise takes place quarterly.
· Ensures that logistics assistants ensure to coordinate with the finance office in identifying all details of assets and file into the asset files; these documents include (the purchase documents, ledger reference, PO and GRN)
Education, experience & technical competencies
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or advance degree in Supply chain is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with an international organization preferably in Somalia/land context.
- command of spoken and written English and Somali.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Very honest and trustworthy person
- Willing to travel and can work under pressure
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.**
Availability: 3rd May 2020
Duty station: Hargeisa
Reporting to: Area Manager
Duration: 8 Months with Possibility of extension
Contract: This position is graded as Band M-G for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 23rd March 2020
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.