World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
The Technical Specialist- Health and Nutrition, WV Somalia, you will provide technical leadership for World Vision Somalia’s Health and Nutrition sector programming, ensure quality of designs and implementation, and oversee the capacity building of staff and partners in implementation of programs so that the portfolio promotes child wellbeing and community resilience. This includes the development of WV Somalia overall health and Nutrition strategy, select and implement appropriate health project models and build the capacity of project staff and partners.
- Minimum of University degree in Clinical medicine or Nursing
- Masters degree in public health an advantage.
- Strong writing skills: Able to draft case studies, project reports, concept notes, and other program materials in clear and concise English, and under tight deadlines.
- Proven networking abilities: Able to quickly connect and build mutual trust and collaborative working relationships with H &N sector donors, NGO staff and leadership, Government representatives, and community leaders.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- 7 years’ experience in a humanitarian or development context, preferably with experience in fragile context.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking English.
- Domestic and international travel is required for this position.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 23 MAR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.