Temporary Construction Engineer Assistant
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: Being accountable to the construction engineer and with direct links to the Programme Managers in Somaliland, the Temporary Construction Engineer will be responsible for preparing construction designs, specifications, and bill of quantities; bid documents; evaluating tender documents; providing sound technical advice and carrying out periodic construction supervision. The Temporary construction engineer is responsible for ensuring that all construction work undertaken by Save the Children is of good quality and is delivered on time and within budget.
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced diploma or B.SC degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline with applicable training
- Three years of experience in construction management preferably in the area of education. Proven skills to prepare plans, designs, bill of quantities and bid documents. Ability to analyse bid documents; Proven experience in construction supervision and management. Experience in community mobilization and involvement in construction activities. Proven knowledge and experience in applying various program (financial planning, management, monitoring systems and tools). Good writing and interpersonal skills.
- Desirable Areas of Training
- Project Cycle Management
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
- Community Mobilization
- Computer programs and software such as Auto-CAD, word and excel
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c21haGRpLjc0NjczLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…