Title: Temporary Finance Officer – Hargeisa – Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To assist the Field Manager & Budget Holders in the operation of Save the Children Hargeisa Finance
including computerized accounting systems to produce analytical reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent accounting qualification
- Minimum 4 years similar work experience within a busy working environment
- Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Accounting packages
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Supportive personnel management style
- Good command of English written and spoken
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW1vaGFtZWQuMjUyOTEuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t