The Team-Leader will manage the day-to-day operations of the TPM projects. The role requires effective co-ordination of the TPM projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising across South-Central Somalia. The individual appointed as Team-Leader must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role. The successful Team – Leader will apply a strong combination of team leadership and relationship building abilities along with a sense of curiosity, urgency, and joy for the work.
· Manage a team of 10-20 field monitors in gathering data, conducting interviews and facilitating focus groups with community level beneficiaries in South Central Somalia;
· Ensure that all pre-deployment activities including planning, pre-deployment background and data collection, stakeholder consultations, security and Government buy-in and pre-deployment induction training are undertaken within the timeframes;
· Ensure the field monitors submit the data collected after every site visit before proceeding to the next visit;
· Lead communication with implementing partners in seeking information related to the sites before dispatching the field monitors to the field;
· Ensure that data collection is undertaken in line with the stipulated guidelines and procedures so as to ensure that resultant data and information is of the highest quality;
· Prepare and submit periodic progress reports on all stages of the monitoring and verification process;
· Conduct post-deployment debriefing to review the entire verifications exercise and document lessons learnt;
· Participate in the training of field monitors;
· Respond to comments from the reporting specialist regarding the data submitted in each data collection circle;
· Ensure the field monitors adhere to data collection protocols;
· Provide update for the head of the field office regarding the performance of the field monitors and report on the quality of the data submitted.
Education, Competences and Experience Required
The Team-Leader will be based in Mogadishu. This position requires approximately 15%-20% of time of travel by Air and Road to TPM verification sites that present stable, moderate and high levels of operational risks. ANPPCAN-SOM team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and ANPPCAN-SOM’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues. Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of ANPPCAN-SOM’ vision. ANPPCAN-SOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Interested applicants should send their full CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview. Closing date: 5th December 2019. Interview: Immediately after the closure. Planned start date: Immediately after the selection of the successful candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.