Brief Background Information of HIJRA Organization and Consultancy Assignment
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn and East Africa. In the last three years, HIJRA has embarked on providing Third Party Monitoring Services in Somalia. HIJRA has been working with different Donors and government ministries in Somalia, providing remote, field monitoring and evaluation capacity to achieve greater accountability to all stakeholders on the assistance and funding received, and better measurement of results and subsequently using the information gathered for programming decisions. HIJRA is now looking for services of an independent consultant to provide technical support in the Third Party Monitoring Process.
Third-Party Monitoring Project
Technical Support for Third-Party Monitoring Project
Proposed consultancy period
10 June to 31 December
The anticipated date for Report Submission
Periodically based on the Work plan
The objective of the assignment
To provide technical support for the Third Party Monitoring project in Somalia and Somaliland.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the consultant
- Provide technical assistance to the third party project in reporting
- Review, validate and enhancing draft reports before submission to the donor
- Provide technical guidance on data collection and analysis
- Any additional tasks assigned by the program management team from time to time.
Scope of the Engagement and Duration of Services
The work will involve routinely interacting with HIJRA staff to clear the backlog of post-distribution monitoring and monitoring reports. The consultant will support HIJRA with Semi-Annual and annual PDM report writing. Beside the consultants will assist the team in reviewing and enhancing (15) PDM Draft reports.
This task will take an estimate of (40) consultancy days between the period of 10 June and 31 December 2020 and expected to start 5th June 2020.
· Provide high-quality reports (Maximum: 30pages) which include (1) Semi-Annual and (1) Annual reports. Besides, the consultant will support the HIJRA team with review and enhancing (15) Draft PDM reports.
· Soft copy of analysed data set provided in excel template and SPSS**
Education and Experience
The individual consultant should have:
· Have a minimum of a second degree in Public health, Monitoring and Evaluation, and rural development among others.
· Five years’ experience of program management and oversight in fragile and conflict-affected states,
· Experience in managing relationships with local partners, donors, and local authorities
· Thematic experience in areas including protection, CASH Programming, nutrition, resilience, livelihoods and program integration.
· Willingness to employ innovative mechanisms in data collection and analysis.
· Has previously done research or programming experience in Somalia;
· Competent in quantitative and qualitative design and analysis;
· Ability to report concisely and on time;
· Familiarity with local political environment and actors in Somalia
· Experience in managing data using different packages.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested Individuals are requested to send their technical and financial proposals to (email@example.com) by 8th of June 2020. Please include ‘TPM Consultancy’ in the subject field of the email’