USAID Awards & Finance Manager – Mogadishu – Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Finance & Grants Manager will be responsible for the oversight of USAID Bar ama Baro (Teach or Learn) project finances and grants. The Finance and Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to: Budget management and monitoring, donor compliance, subawards, financial controls, Financial accounting and auditing.
The Manager also develops the financial capacities of all relevant staff and sub-awardees under this project. This individual develops strong internal control measures, conducts internal reviews for the project, and coordinates internal and external financial audits for the award. S/he also prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Direct Reports to: National Program Manager
Technically Reports to: Head of Financial Controls and Compliance
Staff directly reporting to this post: 0
* Internal: Finance and Awards Teams, Project Staff, Budget Holders, Support Staff, Internal Audit
* External: Tax Offices, External Auditors, Regulatory Bodies, Bank, Insurance, Suppliers, Transporters, Partners etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting and/or Professional qualifications (CPA or ACCA)
* At least 7 years of financial management, grants management, or similar experience in other donor-funded projects; previous work experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
* Familiarity with USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures
* Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Proven experience to help facilitate a smooth audit process and work efficiently with external auditors
* Strong computer skills, especially in computerised accounting packages such as AGRESSO and Excel
* Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
* Willingness to travel to field offices regularly
* Experience of working in a busy INGO environment
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 19th June 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents