1. Terms of reference
Wash Project Manager- (Somali National)
As soon as possible
Country Programs Coordinator
2. Job description
A. General context of the project
General context of the project
The successful candidate will be managing one emergency project funded SHF in Diinsor, Bay region. The objective of the project is to Increasing sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and culturally appropriate hygiene practices to the most vulnerable displaced and disaster-affected women, girls, boys and men in Dinsoor District.
PM will be responsible for all the aspects related to the project planning, implementation and monitoring and will be directly reporting to the Program Coordinator.
Moreover, The Wash Project Manager will be responsible to support other wash activities as required and to support the development of any other wash propositions as needed.
B. General purpose of the position, responsibilities and tasks
General purpose of the position
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management, implementation and supervision of a wash project implemented in Berdale and related activities ensuring proper coordination with the Health department to promote integrated approaches. Responsibilities will include coordinating with district and local WASH management and promotion structures, and community mobilization around WASH issues. S/he will work with relevant stakeholders to build local capacity to implement key WASH activities.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Attend and participate and support the National/regional level wash cluster meetings.
• Represent the Organization during coordination meetings with partners and donors in Somalia.
• Ensure timely implementation and reporting of project activities to the Programs Coordinator and to the donor.
• Support the development of a Somalia Wash Strategy.
• Support proposals writing and implementation of wash assessments when needed.
• Ensure correct technical design of wash project proposal and the respect of project cycle.
• Responsible for coordinating activities in Berdale related to wash ensuring the promotion of an integrated approach with other departments.
• Responsible to use and update the tools provided by INTERSOS.
• Ensure regular staff supervision, field visits and action-oriented feedback for monitoring and evaluation, adherence to accountability procedures and documentation.
• Compile and write INTERSOS Monthly reports and PAT (Project Appraisal Tool), about the project progress to be shared with the Program Coordinator on timely basis.
• Directly responsible for liaison with the different stake holders and the authorities in the project implementation areas.
• Support to any other upcoming tasks/projects on wash.
• Ensure proper Budget Administration for the projects managed and/or the Wash component
• Ensure respect of INTERSOS administrative procedures
• Support administration in budget development for new projects
• Ensure timely and proper development of a Procurement Plan.
• Ensure supervision, acquisition and hand over of Equipment and materials.
• Coordination with national and sub-national logistic officers.
• Manage and follow proper procurement procedures through the IMP platform.
• Regular ARP conducted with the supervised staff to evaluate their performance
• Training and capacity building conducted for supervised staff and other INTERSOS Staff
Staff management for the personnel under direct supervision
3. Position requirements
MSc Degree in Civil Engineering, Infrastructure development, Water Engineering/Water Resource Management. Those with a Bachelor’s Degree and considerable demonstrated experience will be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant program management or technical advisory roles in complex projects preferably in Africa; experience in Somalia will be highly preferred.
• Expertise in government, nongovernmental, and community capacity building for WASH.
• Good working experience in community participation and development.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that employ evidence-based approaches to meet project targets, especially under rigorous timelines.
• Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and international staff.
• Facilitation, negotiation, motivation, team building and management skills.
• Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous environment and to operate in a decentralized organization.
• Supportive, versatile, personable and flexible.
• Team player, able to make quick decisions.
• Able to prioritize effectively for execution with limited resources
• Strong analytical and logical ability, works collaboratively, listening, communication and coaching skills.
• Knowledge of technical software for designing water networks.
• Ability to draft procurement
• Experience in monitoring and supervision construction works in a remote management setting.
• Knowledge of main Donors for WASH intervention in Somalia.
• Experience in drilling and rehabilitating Wells and inclusive with solar pump systems.
• Experience in water tanks design and pipeline installation.
• Knowledge of GIS Software and Mobile data collection technology/tools in addition to the windows package.
• Fluency in English is required
• Promotes innovation and learning
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Results focused
• High level of integrity, values, ethics
As a general input to this section, not mandatory requirements are followed by the word ‘‘desirable’’ in brackets. All other requirements are considered as mandatory.