Title: Youth Economic Empowerment Technical Specialist (International)
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Youth Livelihoods and Employment Technical Specialist is a senior position that will support technical quality across a portfolio of projects in the Child Poverty Reduction Department, employing various types of economic strengthening approaches for adolescents and young people, including promotion of employment in green jobs, employability, transferable life skills, entrepreneurship, and financial capability. In the face of a rapidly changing climate, central to this role is the promotion of climate resilient skills development, transitions from traditional rural livelihoods to more resilient urban livelihoods and green jobs. This role will also make strong contributions to promoting and ensuring gender equality and all forms of inclusion in all engagements with adolescents and youth. This is an exciting portfolio that requires creativity and leadership as it grows rapidly.
Location: Somalia (TBD)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Advanced degree in social sciences, with specialisation in technical and vocational education and training, youth livelihoods and employment and/or climate resilient youth livelihoods
* A minimum of six years of relevant technical experience, including two years at a senior level
* Proven experience of developing and managing adolescent and youth livelihoods and employment programmes with technical and vocational education and training components
* Demonstrated ability to write high-quality proposals, reports and dissemination products that have resulted in increased strategic positioning and scale
* Proven experience in programme development, project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation related to the sector including writing up high quality project/donor reports
* Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective youth livelihoods and employment projects in fragile and insecure environments, preferably in fragile contexts with international NGOs or UN organisations
* Proven experience and skills in advocacy and building strategic relationships with local/national governments and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors
* Solid experience and excellent skills in capacity building of staff, partners and other key stakeholders related to youth livelihoods and employment
* Familiarity with climate change adaptation for youth and green jobs promotion within a context of skills development for successful transitions to decent work
* Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
* Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
* Experience of solving complex issues and ensuring buy in through comprehensive analysis and definition of a clear way forward
* Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner, both verbally and in writing
* Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
* Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
* Commitment to Save the Children values
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtvZ2kuMTIzMjQuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZ…